• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GSX 1 worth pressing and regrading?

7 posts in this topic

Just received a 9.6 grade for my GSX 1. I’m satisfied with the grade, but my buddy says I should press and resubmit because he thinks it could grade as 9.8. I’m honestly not sold though.

Overall the book is very clean, but there are two flaws I noticed (see images). I might be able to address the creased corner, but the marking is here to stay. I assume it’s from the printing machine given how straight it is.

I have never had a book pressed before so I’m wondering if pressing makes sense here and whether you’d expect these type of creases to smooth out completely or not. The crease does wrap onto the spine itself and as you all know this is a thick book. 

Appreciate the feedback in advance. I’m leaning towards leaving the book alone. Given how subjective grading can be, this book could very well come back with a lower grade.

Edited by Darxlot
Fixing grammar

On 2/10/2023 at 12:34 AM, Darxlot said:

Appreciate the feedback in advance. I’m leaning towards leaving the book alone. Given how subjective grading can be, this book could very well come back with a lower grade.

I'm with you on this one. Add in the fact that shipping to CGC, them handling the book, and shipping back to you leaves a lot of room for trouble.