• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone having a problem getting their books back from Hero Restorations?

8 posts in this topic

I sent them a Weird Mysteries #5 on November 2nd to see if some tape could be removed from the cover. The booked was screened on December 17th and it was determined that they could not safely remove the tape. I replied, no problem, just return the book to me. Unfortunately, after two months of emails asking about the book and being told it will ship soon, I still don't have the book. I have been told that the owner has been having some health issues, but I just wanted to see if anyone else is having similar problems with Hero Restoration Comics? Thanks.

They are incredibly backed up and understaffed right now (and as of 01/01/23 they stopped accepting any new books for restoration work) as well as having some health issues; so if you are waiting for a book being worked on to be finished its going to be awhile (my book they've had since 2018 is still in progress), and if you are waiting for them mail you stuff back that is already done that will just be a slightly less a long wait (they have something else I've been waiting on since last October that literally just needs to be tossed in an envelope).

Edited by Sauce Dog

I'd also consider asking (lightly at first) publicly over social media, after a few private direct messages first.

Edited by revat

I appreciate the replies. I don't have any social media accounts so after many polite phone calls and emails, I was curious to see if any else was having similar problems.  I'm glad that doesn't seem to be the case, but its still disconcerting that its been 2 months and the responses from HRC are "it will ship soon."  Hopefully it does.

I just wanted to update this thread because I finally received the book. HRC apologized that it took so long and I am hopeful that the issues that they were having are behind them. I also appreciate the responses from members.

I just came upon your thread, thanks to someone posting a link on a thread I just made about this same problem. Mike has had my books now for close to ten months. I'm happy you at least got your book back!

That gives me a bit of hope I may get mine back, but who knows.

Here's a link to my topic: