• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Express Tier Turnaround
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Anyone experiencing delays with Express tier lately?  Have one in right now that has been G/E/I for 9 days.  As of 3 days ago, they told me it was actually in quality control.  Still hadn't updated today, called and they said it was actually finalized, but again, still hasn't updated the status.

I know, probably I'm just being impatient.  But it's frustrating when you shell out a lot of money for express tier and it's now been 14 days since being delivered to CGC.  My Standard tier submission that arrived the same day is already shipped... 

So far my personal experience has been that they exceed (as in get them done faster than the turnaround) modern, economy fast track, and standard turnaround times, but both Express tiers I have submitted end up taking a good deal longer than the posted turnaround.  Just wondering why that is. 

Edited by Tcarroll17

I've seen this sort of slow-down with Express as well, though haven't seen it delayed as many days as you've cited... just seeing my fast track submissions sometimes move faster than my express submissions.  Just a guess, but my impression is that inflated prices from the last few years probably has them receiving a lot more express submissions than before.  There's an awful lot of books these days that go for over $1000 in all ages even with the recent post pandemic declines.  They're also probably receiving a lot of higher end submissions from outfits like Heritage which is having a lot more frequent auctions, that's gumming up the works. (shrug)

Hey EastEnd1, thanks for the reply and sharing your experience.

For sure, my fast track economy, regular modern, and standard submissions recently all came through much quicker than the posted TAT.  Which, don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with and have been impressed with how quickly they got them back.  

This is for an ASM 50.  Honestly, depending on how it grades out I could have submitted it under the standard tier, but I figured I'd just spring for the express because it would come back faster either way.  Sounds plausible, I agree with everything you said, as a customer its just frustrating.  I happily paid a small premium (effectively double) to get my more expensive book back faster, but seems like I would have had better luck just sending it standard.