• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suspense comics #3 1944 continental. Recent pickup and thoughts on value?

20 posts in this topic

hello there. Been a long while since i been here. But i figure this is the best place for knowledge on this.

So i just picked up yesterday a suspense comics #3 coverless but complete . A few loose pages but all there pages solid. Some tears. But still very solid..

here are some photos. My question is what do ypu guys think the value after it gets cgc NG grade. Value? Any help and also comments are great. Always loved the feedback from all of you.

(splash page is really cool)

Thank u all

20230222_221225.jpg

20230222_221408.jpg

20230222_221349.jpg

20230222_221330.jpg

On 2/24/2023 at 12:25 AM, golden43tiger said:
On 2/23/2023 at 11:23 PM, MrBedrock said:

You might get more responses if you post this a couple of times over in General.

Oh ok i will try there too

:facepalm:

On 2/23/2023 at 4:40 PM, Paul © ® ™💙 said:
On 2/23/2023 at 4:25 PM, golden43tiger said:
On 2/23/2023 at 3:23 PM, MrBedrock said:

You might get more responses if you post this a couple of times over in General.

Oh ok i will try there too

:facepalm:

Well, if you are going all the way to General, let's not forget to take some pit stops at Silver, Bronze, Copper, Modern, and just to be on the safe side, better check at Comic Magazines also.  (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

On 2/24/2023 at 10:40 AM, comicjack said:

The cover says it all but you need the insides to to have a complete gem.That book is out there with missing pages so it would be sort after and still valuable for its contents imho (thumbsu

Absolutely. It's a bit rough overall, but at auction it would just take two bidders who e.g. both need the centerfold to drive the price way up. Conversely, if those bidders aren't tuned into the auction it may not fare that well. Hard to say for sure. The book is so rare in the first place that there maybe aren't *that* many people waiting to complete copies?

If I had to throw out a number I'd think somewhere in the $2-4K range, but certainly a chance at much higher.

On 3/3/2023 at 11:14 PM, KCOComics said:

I don't think I've ever seen the splash for suspense 3. It's pretty cool! 

I thought that too! For years I've read people saying that there's nothing beyond the cover to recommend this book. That appears to be an exaggeration.

On 3/3/2023 at 7:43 AM, AJD said:

I thought that too! For years I've read people saying that there's nothing beyond the cover to recommend this book. That appears to be an exaggeration.

Yes. The interior art is fantastic. 

I'm not sure I would be into it for 5 figures, but I would love to look through a coverless. 

I have several other issues of Suspense and would concur. Some interesting stuff and early LB Cole interior art. Above average considering a lot of other early GA books. I think they get a bad rap and over looked because of their lack of superheros. #3 has one of the best covers of the GA. I would LOVE to have one…

The insides are underrated for what ever reason i don't see why. The insides are done my some great artists so what is not to like :bigsmile: .Some collectors pan the book all together but that is what makes us all different .The cover tells the story and that is all one needs to know it's awesome.I look at paintings one doesn't buy it for the insides its all about the eye value.There are many books with great covers an the insides are just so but do we past them up lol I say a big no!