• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do "Raymond Miller" Copies get Pedigree labels?
1 1

34 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 2/24/2023 at 9:40 PM, Readcomix said:
On 2/24/2023 at 9:37 PM, JollyComics said:

Try your mobile phone.  It works easily.

You can put emojis on CGC Mike’s posts?

:popcorn:

On 2/23/2023 at 11:44 PM, Scrooge said:

It's him. His collection was extensive and the books are floating around quite a bit carrying that same stamp.

Raymond Miller collection, a Fanzine Writer & Artist who was also known for amateur restoration of comics in a Pop Hollinger manner.

I had 3 All Star Comics with his stamp (unfortunately since sold, probably here).

There is a boardie whose name on feeBay is earlshaw that sold a lot of these on feeBay.

2162018012.jpg

Here is a rather extreme example:

2162018009.jpg

Edited by path4play

Just a little background. Ray Miller for years had a column called Information Center in the Rocket's Blast-Comicollector fanzine. If you had a question about a golden age comic, you'd send in a couple of stamps and he'd research it for you, then publish the answer in the RBCC. This was just about the only way of getting info about the subject back then. He also created some guides to obscure superheroes from the GA. When he gave up the column, it was continued by some guy named Don Rosa. I think he did something with ducks later. I sent in a couple of questions and Ray kindly answered them. Funnily enough, I don't remember any questions about how grade points should be deducted for flaking at the staple. 

Sorry, OMSAC(Old Man Shouting At Clouds) moment.

• Administrator
On 2/24/2023 at 8:52 PM, CGC Mike said:

I can try to find out the criteria needed to get a "from the collection of" notation on the label.  I probably won't have an answer until Monday.  

This is all of the info I was given.

Provenances are reserved for either exceptional collections (example Jon Berk or Mannarino) or people of note (creators, celebrities). The rules are not a stringent as pedigrees, though. They do not necessarily have to be in high grade or from an original owner. We decide whether to add a provenance on a case-by-case basis.

On 2/27/2023 at 1:32 PM, CGC Mike said:

This is all of the info I was given.

Provenances are reserved for either exceptional collections (example Jon Berk or Mannarino) or people of note (creators, celebrities). The rules are not a stringent as pedigrees, though. They do not necessarily have to be in high grade or from an original owner. We decide whether to add a provenance on a case-by-case basis.

Thanks Mike.  great info