• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Iron Man #1 1968 staple question.
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys. My question concerns my Iron Man #1.  It was manufactured with only the bottom staple. There was never a top one. No holes whatsoever. The book itself is in very good condition otherwise. Does anyone know how the staple issue will effect the grade it will receive? Anyone else have experience with this situation? Thanks in advance. 

On 3/7/2023 at 4:01 PM, Pickledude said:

Has this been verified by CGC??  I have the same exact problem with a Fantastic Four #57.  Top Staple was never in the book.  No holes.  I need a guarantee from CGC on this prior to submission. 

lol CGC makes no guarantees prior to submission. And the guarantees they make when you submit aren't much more substantial.

On 3/7/2023 at 4:01 PM, Pickledude said:

Has this been verified by CGC??  I have the same exact problem with a Fantastic Four #57.  Top Staple was never in the book.  No holes.  I need a guarantee from CGC on this prior to submission. 

I just checked and Joe Namath is not listed as a CGC board member so......No Guarantees.

On 3/7/2023 at 9:08 PM, ramrod44 said:

I just checked and Joe Namath is not listed as a CGC board member so......No Guarantees.

Lol. I had some drywall tape that had popped re-taped. As he was leaving the drywaller told me his work was guaranteed until he walked out the door.