• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New cgc magazine holder
6 6

110 posts in this topic

On 3/16/2023 at 12:36 PM, maraxusofkeld said:

I'm not interested in selling

Ok, I'm not interested in buying, either, but I can see how you got that idea.  lol

I was trying to be funny about the risk inherent in sending your magazines to vacation in Florida for a year.

On 3/16/2023 at 5:36 PM, maraxusofkeld said:

I'm not interested in selling, but I would interested in getting them graded as I believe they would be NM or better. I am going to wait 2 years, I would just wait longer to send them in. 

If you think they are truly NM and not interested in selling, you can use the standard tier which takes 65 days(allegedly) and costs $85.

On 3/17/2023 at 4:34 PM, TegrityComics said:

I just keep staring at my 1 Mag G/E/I since 12/1/22. So much for paying extra money to speed up that submission!  

What tier did you use? What day did they arrive? Curious so I can compare to mine haha

On 3/18/2023 at 12:37 PM, Nick Berntson said:

What tier did you use? What day did they arrive? Curious so I can compare to mine haha

It was Standard and when I sent it in for Pressing and Grading back in October. Pressing was fast then it went to CGC where it has been G/E/I since 12/1/22. 

Paid 175 total for it to sit for months. Seeing the dates that they are processing now there was no way CGC planed in getting me back my Magazine in 42 days which was original TAT. It's okay though, I have been feeling better since I sent in 100 baseball cards to a different company to be graded and slabbed. It was nice to know that CGC will never see a dime of that money. Best part 10 day turnaround times on cards.

On 3/21/2023 at 3:51 PM, jhenry30 said:

Can anyone confirm dates that are coming back now since they opened up production again? Mine has been there since 1/18/22.

I've seen some coming back to some of the folks on the CGC Comics Fans Facebook group that were received in the January and February 2022 timeframe. CGC's stance seems to be that they are going in the order received, but there are also some folks with multiple submissions that only have the later ones back. CGC also seems to be telling multiple people (including me when I inquired about the 3 submissions I'm waiting on) that they have so many books right now they can't track down specific submissions...which would make it pretty hard to address them in the order received.

Edited by David Bernstein

On 3/21/2023 at 3:51 PM, jhenry30 said:

Can anyone confirm dates that are coming back now since they opened up production again? Mine has been there since 1/18/22.

Mine were received by cgc on 2/18/22 and I still have not received them back. They’rve been in the grading/encapsulation/imagingstage for like 3 months now 

On 3/21/2023 at 11:44 PM, Jayman said:

If they are in fact, in the new holders, please post some scans and give your opinion on them! :wishluck:

Got to say Jay, the new holders are far better than the old ones, much clearer and far more sturdier, I am actually thinking of sending my TOZ #1 to be reholdered in a new one.

On 3/25/2023 at 2:07 PM, batmiesta said:

Got to say Jay, the new holders are far better than the old ones, much clearer and far more sturdier, I am actually thinking of sending my TOZ #1 to be reholdered in a new one.

Glutton for punishment LOL

On 3/25/2023 at 7:16 PM, TegrityComics said:

Glutton for punishment LOL

lol A reholder should only take 30 days, so they say. And they do look a lot better (trying to convince myself it's worth it).  :grin:

On 3/25/2023 at 2:07 PM, batmiesta said:

Any major differences that you see other than the clearness? Inner well the same? A scan would be appreciated! Thanks! (thumbsu

On 3/25/2023 at 3:33 PM, batmiesta said:

Inner well looks the same, here is a scan from my crappy CCD scanner. 

monsters of the movies 4 .jpg

Yeah, I’m not seeing too much difference from your holder to one of the older ones. I’m assuming different materials for the outer case. But clearer and sturdier are both good!

0215F856-6E58-4A20-8308-4C2587C2FFDF.jpeg