• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New cgc magazine holder
6 6

110 posts in this topic

Hey everyone I just wanted to see if anyone knows what “upgrades” are coming to the new cgc magazine holder ? And if anyone has any pics of them ?. The last update from cgc was on 12/30/22; stating that production will resume in February. Only 3 more days left in February and I haven’t seen any updates. I submitted 10 magazines of mine on 2/18/22 so I should’ve had them back this week but I received email from customer service stating that the new magazine holder had put a delay on my magazines. Wondering if anyone else is in the same situation.

Edited by michael cody

Unfortunately, I don’t have any news for you. I’ve also been watching for any sign of people getting new magazine slabs back.

If it makes you feel any better, I’m in the same boat as you. I have 7 oversized comics waiting for magazine slabs I subbed in 10/21, 7/22, and 12/22 all stuck in grading/encapsulation purgatory.

On 2/26/2023 at 12:50 PM, CGC Mike said:

According to customer service, we have now secured the new holders in-house and are continuing to holder books once again.

I appreciate you letting us know Mike, is it a sign of the times that we jusr accept this? Or does anyone else think as a good will gesture CGC should give us a couple of free magazine submissions? 

On 2/26/2023 at 1:23 PM, batmiesta said:

I appreciate you letting us know Mike, is it a sign of the times that we jusr accept this? Or does anyone else think as a good will gesture CGC should give us a couple of free magazine submissions? 

A free magazine submission or two would make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside towards CGC

• Administrator
On 2/26/2023 at 4:23 PM, batmiesta said:

I am not sure.  I can bring it up in the marketing meeting tomorrow.  

Hi Mike,

I am a little confused I read some posts this morning and I did see your response that Customer Service stated that parts are in and Magazines are beening

put into holders.

I also saw a response to someone this morning from KaileeS that Magazines are on hold while they launch the new holders once they have stock.

Are we on hold again?

• Administrator
On 2/26/2023 at 7:57 PM, TegrityComics said:

Hi Mike,

I am a little confused I read some posts this morning and I did see your response that Customer Service stated that parts are in and Magazines are beening

put into holders.

I also saw a response to someone this morning from KaileeS that Magazines are on hold while they launch the new holders once they have stock.

Are we on hold again?

I do not think we are on hold again.  I saw Kailee's post this morning, but 2 other customer service reps have posted that we have the new holders in hand.  I will double check with marketing tomorrow.  If I can't get a definite answer at the meeting, I will ask upper management.  Here are some screenshots.  

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Administrator
On 2/26/2023 at 8:17 PM, OtherEric said:

Are the pedigree labels available for magazine as well as comic holders?  I don't think I've ever seen a ped label on a magazine.

Here is a thread about pedigree magazines.  There are quite a few pedigrees listed on the label.  I am not sure If we have the New, gold, pedigree labels for magazines.  I guess I will ask that as well at the meeting tomorrow.   Here's a link to that thread.

On 2/26/2023 at 5:26 PM, CGC Mike said:

Here is a thread about pedigree magazines.  There are quite a few pedigrees listed on the label.  I am not sure If we have the New, gold, pedigree labels for magazines.  I guess I will ask that as well at the meeting tomorrow.   Here's a link to that thread.

Thank you for asking!

• Administrator
On 2/27/2023 at 11:35 AM, TegrityComics said:

Thanks Mike for verifying that, I just wanted to make sure no new issues popped up with new slabs.

I just got out of the meeting.  There is a small, unexpected label issue with the encapsulation.  According to what I was told, we are talking about a couple of days to get back on track.  

Are the pedigree labels available for magazine as well as comic holders?  I don't think I've ever seen a ped label on a magazine.

I did ask in the  meeting, and nobody could tell me for sure.  I will follow up with an e-mail with my boss today and get to the bottom of this "easy" question.  

On 2/27/2023 at 10:05 AM, CGC Mike said:

I did ask in the  meeting, and nobody could tell me for sure.  I will follow up with an e-mail with my boss today and get to the bottom of this "easy" question.  

It's always the "easy" questions, isn't it? 

Thank you again.

• Administrator

We will not be ordering the gold Pedigree labels for magazines at this time.

My Econ Magazine submission from Feb 2 2022 has just crossed the "overdue" threshold and support sent the following:

Thanks for reaching out to CGC Comics. We apologize for the delays with your books. As of right now we are rolling out our new magazine holders and this has held up many submissions in the system. We are trying to get these out as quickly as possible but you can expect some more delays due to this. You can read more about this in the below article. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding. Thank you. 

So al least that jibes with @CGC Mike's intel. Thanks for keeping us in the loop Mike.

From an operational perspective I am trying to figure out how this got screwed up.  You have a functioning line of "old" magazine slabs and it looks like you shut that down, stopping production, and then tried to figure out how to get the "new" magazine slabs through the system.  Is it me or should the lines have run in parallel until all the kinks got worked out? 

I don't know all the details to be sure.  Did they run out of "old" parts?  How could the new labels have had a problem if the "old" line was shut down?  Surely that had to have been worked out by then?

Sorry, just ranting.  I'll wait for my 1 year+ order and steam while I watch my ST orders just sit and sit.

Alec 

Edited by Elroy Jetson