• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America #241 reprint graded as an original.
2 2

3 posts in this topic

How does this happen? Does it happen a lot?

I would think that someone who gets paid to grade comics would know the difference between an original comic and an obvious reprint. The guy selling this book on eBay knows it’s a reprint but is selling it as an original. Asking many hundreds of dollars for it.333B4A71-7C85-44C2-A37C-F1CE3F8B7D5F.thumb.jpeg.f4b64516976b674301fbd2faeeaa283a.jpeg08204D0D-CC7B-4C53-B1DF-AA4CD640B51D.thumb.jpeg.70de8faed011b489f58ae8d32d6ee50e.jpeg

Edited by Joel0109

• Administrator

Hello @Joel0109

Thank you for reporting this issue. While not common, and while we work hard to keep labels accurate, human error may result in the wrong version of a book being chosen. We are actively working toward implementing technology to reduce this type of error in the future. I have reported this issue so that the book details can be updated on the certification page. 

Since you are not the book's current owner, we cannot work with you to correct the label. However, we can update the online details to ensure that anyone checking the verification sees the correct information. 

I apologize for the delayed response.