• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post-DC/Timely Simon and Kirby
1 1

42 posts in this topic

I think someone pointed out this cover was censored. The guy leaning over BE has an empty hand that probably originally had a weapon in it. Can't quite recall whether the OA exists showing the original version. 

01732971685000112102444002.jpeg

Edited by Sqeggs
Typo

On 2/28/2023 at 6:57 PM, Sqeggs said:

Issue 3 is probably the toughest to find. Still looking to upgrade this copy. 

01742051550000112096587004.jpeg

Beautiful copies of everything!  The Prize Charlie Chans are great and I've had mostly rough copies of all but never been able to find a 3 and been looking for several years.  

On 2/28/2023 at 8:18 PM, mwotka said:

Beautiful copies of everything!  The Prize Charlie Chans are great and I've had mostly rough copies of all but never been able to find a 3 and been looking for several years.  

I got the 3 in a Clink auction three years ago. Went for around $100, so I'm lucky you didn't notice the auction!

Of their '50s work, this cover might most closely resemble their early stuff. Simon drew variants of the figure of the Fly many times over the years.

If you have to use a rope, are you really flying? If you can't actually fly, should you call yourself The Fly? hm

adv3.343a.jpeg

On 2/28/2023 at 9:10 PM, Sqeggs said:

I know the feeling. When I finally stopped using Photobucket, I lost a bunch of scans. 

I was so bummed ...  :sorry: I guess it means dig stuff out and fire up the photography department!  lol Some department ... me running around, trying to catch a sliver of natural light with my phone camera!!! :roflmao: