• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Submission Category Do I Use for GSXM #1?

2 posts in this topic

I have a nice copy of Giant-size X-men #1 from May 1975 that I need graded. I'm not sure what category I should submit it in because of the value limits imposed on some of the submission categories. It appears that I should use the Express tier because it allows for books up to $3,000 in value. I believe my book will grade out at a 7-7.5, as a rough guesstimate. 

• Administrator

Hello @saspwe! 

Thank you for your message! The value we ask you for is an insurance value, a number you would feel comfortable with in terms of a replacement value if your collectible was lost or damaged while with us. We do encourage you to be conservative as we do not reimburse you if you over-value your collectible. In the event that your card was grossly under-valued, we reserve the right to bump it to the appropriate tier.

Good resources for determining the value of your cards are completed eBay auctions and the posted prices of large comic dealers or auction houses. CGC does not assign values to any collectibles. Feel free to let to know if you have any additional questions.🕸🕷🕺🏼