• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CIB Question
1 1

8 posts in this topic

CIB seems to be Manual, Game and Box grades, do the other items in the box, or not in the box (Flyers, Maps, Ads) matter?

In other words, if we submit a game with Manual, Game, and Box, that originally had a flyer, but we don't have it, will it still be graded as CIB?

Would it effect the grade?

Edited by Makmorn

• Administrator

Hello,

Please find their answer below. Let us know if you have any other questions!

We only count the box, manual, and cartridge in the overall grade. Game Specific Inserts are graded as well separately. All other inserts are documented and go on the label if there are too many they will be on the cert verification screen.

Clear as mud..:smile:

So inserts are graded separately, but they don't count towards the grade? (only visible grades are Box, Manual, Cart)

If inserts are missing does that go against the Manual grade? or the overall grade? or not at all?

Sorry, just trying to understand.

On 3/3/2023 at 10:00 AM, Makmorn said:

So inserts are graded separately, but they don't count towards the grade? (only visible grades are Box, Manual, Cart)

If inserts are missing does that go against the Manual grade? or the overall grade? or not at all?

I appreciate you asking this!  I've got some nice CIB stuff, but no registration card and don't want the qualified label.  Looking at other CIB graded games, it doesn't look like the ancillary items are graded (only listed).  Wonder then if say the ancillaries are missing if they make it a point to identify on the back of the label...."poster missing" etc...

On 3/3/2023 at 12:00 PM, Makmorn said:

Good question. I'd like to see the answer here before I send in my first submission as well...

On 7/20/2023 at 6:27 PM, AGGIEZ said:

Good question. I'd like to see the answer here before I send in my first submission as well...

From what I have found out from the graders, only 3 things count toward the grade, Box, Cart & Manual. They will note the other stuff, but it does not count toward the grade.

On 3/4/2023 at 8:35 PM, This is Who We Are said:

I appreciate you asking this!  I've got some nice CIB stuff, but no registration card and don't want the qualified label.  Looking at other CIB graded games, it doesn't look like the ancillary items are graded (only listed).  Wonder then if say the ancillaries are missing if they make it a point to identify on the back of the label...."poster missing" etc...

If the registration card was originally attached to the manual(common in PS1), then it counts toward the grade, if it was a loose registration, then no.

Edited by Makmorn