• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Three Minute Sketch Book

17 posts in this topic

I am putting together a Three Minute Sketch book, to be auctioned off at Baltimore 2006 to benefit ACTOR. All sketches in the book are done within three minutes. The artist can draw anything he/she wants, as long as my kids can see it. Here are a couple of the latest pieces, including a view gotten today at the UK show in Brighton by my partner in this endeavor, who lives in London

DaveGibbons.jpg

Here are a couple of the latest pieces, including a view gotten today at the UK show in Brighton by my partner in this endeavor, who lives in London[/img]

question.gif

Iwas looking at these and you get the sense some of these guys didn't take this very seriously(Frank Cho comes to mind) while others really out did themselves.Bernie Wrightson and Sean Phillips for example. Was that the impression you got from speaking with them Donut?

Many new additions, through Philadelphia

I think as the project has progressed, more people are taking it seriously. We're up to 160 individual sketches now and hope to hit 200 before the auction in Baltimore September 9. Hope 893crossfingers-thumb.gif to get a Sal Buscema tomorrow at Tysons.

The new Josh Middleton one is tremendous, as is the Sean Wang.

Cho was swamped and really didn't want to do it -- the poor guy was exhausted at the end of the show but he was kind enough to do what he did for me and I am really glad...Mike Kaluta was leaving the show and I caught him outside to do the gun; he stopped and put the board against the wall and away he went. Really kind of him.

Michael

I got the other kaluta he did it while we were at dinner. we timed it with a cell phone he seemed very serious about it. Bill morrison was also very serious he specifically said that he was only doing it for actor. Neal was very serious too. He didn't want to do it but I asked him nicely and he told me to talk to Jason ( his son who also post here on the boards). Jason talked to him and he decided to do it. He also took the entire 3 minutes

The Three Minute Sketchbook

The Three Minute Sketchbook project is on track to be auctioned off at the 2007 Baltimore Comicon (we were going to do it last year, but ACTOR/HERO asked us to hold off to get more sketches). The complete book will be auctioned Saturday afternoon September 8 at the 2007 Baltimore Comicon, with all proceeds benefitting HERO. We've gotten several major artists who don't normally travel to the US to do a sketch.

Here are a couple of late editions that aren't shown on the thread above.

toddmcfarlane001.jpg

mikegrell001.jpg

philnoto001.jpg

briansteelfreeze001.jpg

ethanvansciver001.jpg

Isn't the Mcfarlane terrific. He was really serious about it. I explained it to him and told him that some artist say 3 minutes isn't enough time. He said it really wasn't enough time. But he agreed to do it and He asked about 3 times how much time he had left He took most of the 3 minutes. He had most of it finished by a minute 5 though and used the extra time to add detail.

This book is gonna go for crazy money. I know it is gonna go for over 1000 maybe break 2 grand. I mean it has a wrightson, 2 adams, a mcfarlane, 2 from art adams, 2 kaluta's, and so many other greats the talent that worked on this project is phenominal.