• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2000AD gift question

5 posts in this topic

Hey there ~

I know CGC has recently started encapsulating 2000AD comics, so I was curious whether - if submitted - they'd acknowledge the gift included with 2000AD #483: Oink! #7. As the gifts from 2000AD #2 and #3 are recognised, and failure to include them results in a green-label been awarded.

The 483th issue of 2000AD was originally distributed sealed with the Oink! #7 comic included.

2000AD Prog 483 - cover dated Aug 16 1986, with Free Gift Oink comic (Number 7)

Additionally: my proposed (updated) layout of 2000AD #483:

Issue Date: 8/86

Year: 1986

Publisher: IPC Magazines Ltd.

Key Comments: 1st appearance of Metalzoic. Distributed with Oink! #7.

Art Comments: Alan Grant, John Wagner, Pat Mills, and Peter Milligan stories;

Kevin O'Neill, Robin Smith, Bryan Talbot, Massimo Belardinelli, Brendan McCarthy and Carlos Ezquerra art.;

Kevin O'Neill cover.

Would such a change be possible? All comments are welcomed :x

Edited by Bart Allen

• Administrator

Hello @Bart Allen, thank you for contacting CGC. I am checking with my team now to confirm how/if the gift would be notated. I will get back to you as soon as I hear back from them on a response. 

Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

On 3/5/2023 at 2:44 PM, KaileeS CS said:

Hello @Bart Allen, thank you for contacting CGC. I am checking with my team now to confirm how/if the gift would be notated. I will get back to you as soon as I hear back from them on a response. 

Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Thanks very much :3

• Administrator

Hello @Bart Allen, here is the response to your question from our research team:

The 2000 A.D. #2 will be Qualified if it is missing the Biotronic Man sticker sheet, and the #3 will be Qualified if it is missing the Survival Wallet.

For the #483, since the Oink is a completely separate book, it will not have any affect on the grade or the category. If submitted, the Oink will have to be graded and encapsulated as a separate submission.
Your proposed comments for 2000 A.D. #483 will be taken into account with space permitting, as we only have so many characters to work with per field on the label. We will add all that we can fit. To notate these key comments, please kindly make a note on the submission/packing slip that you'd like this information added and we will do our best to accommodate the request.
Lastly, they mentioned to keep in mind the possibility exists that some issues of 2000 A.D. may be too big to fit into our holder- which is determined on a case-by-case basis.

Please kindly let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!

On 3/7/2023 at 2:52 AM, KaileeS CS said:

Hello @Bart Allen, here is the response to your question from our research team:

The 2000 A.D. #2 will be Qualified if it is missing the Biotronic Man sticker sheet, and the #3 will be Qualified if it is missing the Survival Wallet.

For the #483, since the Oink is a completely separate book, it will not have any affect on the grade or the category. If submitted, the Oink will have to be graded and encapsulated as a separate submission.
Your proposed comments for 2000 A.D. #483 will be taken into account with space permitting, as we only have so many characters to work with per field on the label. We will add all that we can fit. To notate these key comments, please kindly make a note on the submission/packing slip that you'd like this information added and we will do our best to accommodate the request.
Lastly, they mentioned to keep in mind the possibility exists that some issues of 2000 A.D. may be too big to fit into our holder- which is determined on a case-by-case basis.

Please kindly let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!

@KaileeS CS are you sure about that or has policy changed? How about cert 4285703001 ?

Edited by Joe Fox