• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reholder turnaround times

5 posts in this topic

Hi CGC Team,

Question regarding turnaround times for comic book reholders. 

Do your TATs go by what’s currently stated on the website or at date of submission?

I submitted for reholders back on December 27th 2022, TATs were at 40ish days when received?

I checked today and saw that the current TATs are now pushed to 60 business days. 

So now my books have sat in ‘scheduled for grading’ since the beginning of January after they were received. 

Nothing has changed on the status, so because they have not moved in the queue at all, what TATs am I going by? Should I be expecting some movement soon or am I now having to wait now, 3 months for a comic reholder?

• Administrator

Hello @D2, thank you for contacting CGC. We go by the turnaround time posted when we receive your submission. However, when I look up the historical data of what our turnaround times were the week you submitted, we had an approximate 70 business days for a reholder service from what I am able to tell. With that said, we are working diligently to get that number down. You should see some movement on your order shortly. We thank you for your patience while we process your order!

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Posted (edited)

I recently had to return a graded comic due to it having little bits of broken plastic stuck inside of the CGC case. CGC has had my book for over a month and it is still showing as "scheduled for grading". I would think that if a graded book had to be returned by a customer due to a mistake made by CGC that you would want to get the mistake fixed and returned to the customer ASAP. Also, I just received yet another graded book than has broken pieces of plastic inside of the case. Not happy at all. CGC seems to have absolutely no quality control whatsoever. If I can immediately spot these little pieces of broken plastic inside of the CGC cases, then why is Quality Control not able to?

Edited by Joel0109