• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade Category Apparent SS SA
2 2

23 posts in this topic

On 3/5/2023 at 8:34 PM, zephyr424 said:

Hey guys. I ended up buying one from an auction. The only thing is, I noticed a possible problem with it. Where it gives the grade as 4.5, the ink in the numbers is very lite. Almost grayish. Do you think this slab is legitimate? Thanks. 602085059_Avengers1.jpg.40b0d0b0c7100d6ab7ad6cf7eac609f0.jpg

The answer to your question is the slab/comic/label is 100% legit.  This is an older label.  When CGC redesigned their comic holder (2016 - generation 2) they also redesigned the label. Making the numeric grade stand out more.  I actually prefer the more subdued look of the older labels - I feel that on the new labels the number is comically large and calling for attention. When maybe the first thing you should notice is the comic book. But that's just a taste thing and ultimately is a minor thing. 

Congratulations on your purchase!  

Edited by Tony S

On 3/6/2023 at 6:43 PM, Tony S said:

The answer to your question is the slab/comic/label is 100% legit.  This is an older label.  When CGC redesigned their comic holder (2016 - generation 2) they also redesigned the label. Making the numeric grade stand out more.  I actually prefer the more subdued look of the older labels - I feel that on the new labels the number is comically large and calling for attention. When maybe the first thing you should notice is the comic book. But that's just a taste thing and ultimately is a minor thing. 

Congratulations on your purchase!  

Thank you very much, sir. That's exactly what I was hoping to hear.