• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It’s in the Papers! Show us your Pedigree COAs
2 2

46 posts in this topic

On 3/6/2023 at 7:47 PM, Robot Man said:

A more recent one. I picked it up from Brian Peets at CalCon. Apparently, the GA was bought second hand but the rest was OO. A nice score for Brian who has had the hard work and good luck in picking up some nice collections. And one heck of a great guy to deal with! 

By the way, I bought the book not the fancy certificate…:roflmao:

47A1EDC7-BE9D-44F8-96B7-D9279C329829.jpeg

CE30C012-F03F-47E4-B5C7-ECFA7396E363.jpeg

On 3/7/2023 at 2:08 AM, adamstrange said:

They are very nice in terms of page quality and cover appeal but it was not a large collection and they don't show up often.

They are indeed beautiful books with white pages. One of the first collections submitted to CGC back in 2000. 
Lee Hester presented them very well indeed for sale on eBay.

On 3/7/2023 at 9:53 AM, Robot Man said:

Johnny Winter the pride of Beaumont, TX (worship)

Funny, that is the first thing I thought of when I saw that COA.

”Let’s slow things down, get funky and do some blues for ‘y’all”

One more just to provide even more perspective on how well Winter was regarded among blues legends...

While the collection may be a different Johnny Winter(s) ...should it be an apostrophe "s" (?), this being a non-original owner's collection, the timing fits.  

This looks like another interesting tale from the GA of comics worth tracking down sources.  Anyway, for a collection of mid-grade books, it's curious. 

:cheers:

Nice! Never heard this one before. Looks like Buddy Miles on drums and Johnny just sat in with Jimi (playing bass). 

As a young guitar slinger, I was fascinated with slide guitar. Duane Allman introduced me to it but Johnny took it to a higher level. Slides can be metal or glass but I saw an interview with Johnny and he said he used a sawed off lead pipe. Has served me well for years. 

Got a new one from Harley yesterday. Bought a few books and he asked me if I wanted the “certificates”. The Fantast Collection. Another “story”. 

I guess this was that big collection that turned up a while back. There is a film in the works I guess. Apparently, Harley bought a bunch of them from the man’s son. First ones I’ve heard of.

Didn’t really care as I would have bought the books either way. 

12D95495-74E7-4E7C-88B3-3BD9B9587800.jpeg