• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM - The Wild Wild West #1
2 2

9 posts in this topic

Opting tonight to submit a couple of my favorite Gold Keys and third one.

First up is saga of James West and Artemus Gordon. Referred to as "James Bond on horseback". Actually I think Artemus had a very similar wit as Dr Leonard McCoy.

Unfortuately there is a chunk on the front cover just above the pool cue. And my inflected creases and stresses that are typical of my comics, of which I am uncovering for the first time in many years.

Thanks in advance for your time in reviewing and grading. All of you have been so very helpful with your comments these past 6-7 weeks as I try to select my "ten best" for my first time submission to CGC. Your efforts and time are truely appreciated!

Wild Wild West #1 F       150.jpg

Wild Wild West #1 B        151.jpg

Edited by juniperpt
correcting submission descriptions

On 3/5/2023 at 8:27 PM, grendelbo said:

3.5, maybe 4.0.

Thanks for posting.

83wIJ-1473707885-5666-list_items-wwwest_introanimation.gif.2ffead3f36b1685c29a5dc30b7efb2d3.gif

I happily watched a lot of these reruns as a kid.

So did I! Friday nights? Loved that opening sequence!

On 3/5/2023 at 6:36 PM, juniperpt said:

So did I! Friday nights? Loved that opening sequence!

Likely afternoon reruns. I remember Fridays being the Dukes of Hazzard from 8-9. Mom then let me watch the opening credits of Dallas before I was off to bed.

On 3/5/2023 at 9:37 PM, AhsokaTano Jedi Apprentice said:

I got to stay up and watch Dallas with my Grandmother ....it was her favorite show.....Wild Wild West was a great show .....Fan Favorite Dr. Luvless ????  can't remember his name.....

The back isn't to bad ...maybe it can get a 4.0

Yes, Dr Loveless played by Michael Dunn. And Victor Buono as Count Manzeppi. Great villains! 

Fantastic show, and not surprised it made it to comic form. It has sort of that feel about it. Didn't fare too well as a modern film reboot though; that one probably would have been better with fewer (as in, zero) giant steampunk spiders.