• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is The Census Broken?

5 posts in this topic

Dear Ask CGC,

Recently I purchased a Batman 131 Second Printing from a seller on eBay (Cert #4206054006).  The indicia date is 4/23.  However when I go into the census, which was updated today, 3/7/23, there is no line item for Batman 131 4/23.  Please see attached pic.

Furthermore, I am able to to find the book using the Cert Lookup Tool.  It was graded on 2/20/23, indicia date 4/23, but if you look towards the bottom, it says Total Graded by CGC: None Available.  How can this be?  Again, please see additional screen shot.

I don't know if populating the census is an automated process because if it is then something's broken.  If it's a manual process, then someone's broken.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Census As of 3-7-23 For Batman 131.jpg

Cert Lookup Tool Results.jpg

• Administrator

Hello @workingdog

Thank you for reaching out to us. I suspect this may have something to do with the release date being a date in the future. I need to do some research on this issue so that I can get you the right response. 

Thank you for your patience while I look into this for you. 

Have a good day!

• Administrator

Hello @workingdog

I have been advised that the census will not display books with a future issue date. Once we catch up with the future date, the information will be available. 

Please let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

On 3/8/2023 at 7:52 AM, NickiO CS said:

Hello @workingdog

I have been advised that the census will not display books with a future issue date. Once we catch up with the future date, the information will be available. 

Please let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Thank you for looking into this @NickiO CS, it is much appreciated. :)