• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to submit Detective 700 Collectors Edition that came in an envelope, and how much is the fee?
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hi...I have a few Detective 700 comics that I want to get graded, and want to submit them correctly.  I know that in general CGC only encapsulates the comic, no polybag, no loose inserts, etc., but  I see on eBay that the Collectors Edition can be encased as the comic itself, or the comic in its original envelope, both being graded.  Are there grading fees charged for the comic and envelope each, or 1 grading charge for the pair?  There are only 2 choices when picking from submission list, neither mentioning the envelope specifically:

1528991135_CGCDetective700choices.thumb.JPG.3d47cc4ac6bcc9d993faf0d091d6d199.JPG

Please let me know how these are charged, and if it's ok to send in both parts per comic, each in its own bag and board.  There was also no distinction made of the dual grades in the Census under Detective 700 Collector Edition, just showing what I presume is the main grade.

On eBay, with envelope (separately graded on label under title as "Envelope 9.2"):https://www.ebay.com/itm/255307802340

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.f5eb2aea1f8086b8064c267a8c91b8f9.jpg

Without envelope: https://www.ebay.com/itm/234352356334

130004642_DetectiveComics700noenvelope.thumb.png.40ce834355baabcf7ec99c776e7cd6bc.png

• Administrator

Hello @Lightning55

Thank you for reaching out to us. This book can be submitted with or without the envelope. If the book is submitted with the envelope, the book and the envelope will be graded, and the grading fee will be based on the grading tier chosen. Only one grading fee is charged. The book will be placed back in the envelope for encapsulation. If you choose to submit the book without the envelope, we will not grade and slab the envelope separately. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know. I hope you have a great day.