• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYC National Forum Dinner

30 posts in this topic

Great time last night at the dinner. Really unbelievable stuff. Special thanks to Steve for his generosity.

I have 11mbs worth of pics, but there is one pic in particular that I really wanted to share with everyone. I can't knock the size of the file down but Redhook will hopefully be able to help me out.

I hope that this wasn't a "once in a lifetime" type of thing, but for those of us there, I think we all knew that this was something special.

Regards,

DAM

I hope that this wasn't a "once in a lifetime" type of thing, but for those of us there, I think we all knew that this was something special.

You guys invoked the ghost of Jack Kirby ? 893whatthe.gif

Oh yeah.....and Ted and Darwin can confirm this......Neal was very adamant in explaining that he felt one of the best, ground-breaking pieces of work he'd ever done was Superman vs. Muhammad Ali. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he say he had to fly to Chicago to get Elijah Muhammad's approval of the work?

Red

superman_vs_muhmammad_ali.jpg

Oh yeah.....and Ted and Darwin can confirm this......Neal was very adamant in explaining that he felt one of the best, ground-breaking pieces of work he'd ever done was Superman vs. Muhammad Ali. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he say he had to fly to Chicago to get Elijah Muhammad's approval of the work?

Red

superman_vs_muhmammad_ali.jpg

Yes this is true Red Hook, he also said that it was also ahead of it's time.

. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he say he had to fly to Chicago to get

Elijah Muhammad's approval of the work?

Who?

elijah-speaks.gif

And no, he wasn't a sub-editor at DC.....

"Elijah Muhammad (1897-1975) was the leader of the Nation of Islam ("Black Muslims") during their period of greatest growth in the mid-20th century. He was a major advocate of independent, black-operated businesses, institutions, and religion."

Red

. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he say he had to fly to Chicago to get

Elijah Muhammad's approval of the work?

Who?

elijah-speaks.gif

And no, he wasn't a sub-editor at DC.....

"Elijah Muhammad (1897-1975) was the leader of the Nation of Islam ("Black Muslims") during their period of greatest growth in the mid-20th century. He was a major advocate of independent, black-operated businesses, institutions, and religion."

Red

Died in 1975? Neal didn't bombard him with his universe theory did he? insane.gif

Didn't the comic come out in 1978?

Jim