• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM 2000AD #3
1 1

13 posts in this topic

VF range.

I never heard of this title under IPC Magazine LTD can be graded and encapsulated. I think it's too big for the encapsulation case (I don't know what size of this magazine).

2000 AD Presents (Quality Comics) were graded and encapsulated. The earliest one was 1986. Other two more publishers but not IPC Magazine.

Maybe CGC in London can do it.

Edited by JollyComics

On 3/18/2023 at 11:30 PM, JollyComics said:

I think it's too big

If the information I found is correct (and there aren't multiple versions of the IPC-Fleetway books), there are books on the census. I do know that some Fleetway books exceed the CGC magazine case limits (11½" tall x 8⅞" wide x ½" thick). I had aspirations of getting a Crisis 15 signed and graded since it's Garth Ennis's first professional work, but it's 12" tall, so no dice.

On 3/18/2023 at 9:53 PM, scburdet said:

If the information I found is correct (and there aren't multiple versions of the IPC-Fleetway books), there are books on the census. I do know that some Fleetway books exceed the CGC magazine case limits (11½" tall x 8⅞" wide x ½" thick). I had aspirations of getting a Crisis 15 signed and graded since it's Garth Ennis's first professional work, but it's 12" tall, so no dice.

It makes sense. Thanks.

On 3/19/2023 at 1:44 AM, scburdet said:

7.5/8.0

Thanks a lot ~ I'll try and press this :3

On 3/19/2023 at 2:30 AM, JollyComics said:

VF range.

I never heard of this title under IPC Magazine LTD can be graded and encapsulated. I think it's too big for the encapsulation case (I don't know what size of this magazine).

2000 AD Presents (Quality Comics) were graded and encapsulated. The earliest one was 1986. Other two more publishers but not IPC Magazine.

Maybe CGC in London can do it.

Also: 

On 3/19/2023 at 1:48 PM, Bart Allen said:

Thanks a lot ~ I'll try and press this :3

Also: 

Interesting!  I checked CGC Census. There is none but I saw the label that spelled A.D. so I searched and found them.  The magazine is pretty tight inside the case. Good luck on your submission if you are planning on.

On 3/19/2023 at 8:52 PM, batmiesta said:

This is a nice copy, not many survived in this shape, how will you press it? What machine do you have? Thinking of buying one myself. As for the grade, it looks in the 8.5 range to me. 

Thanks <3 I'll send it to a cleaner and presser as I don't do it myself, and you should ~

On 3/19/2023 at 3:01 PM, JollyComics said:

Interesting!  I checked CGC Census. There is none but I saw the label that spelled A.D. so I searched and found them.  The magazine is pretty tight inside the case. Good luck on your submission if you are planning on.

I thought the same thing, it looked so tight in the case, it looked like excessive moment could damage the book. Seeing that, I felt a bit hesitant to submit anything.