• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 First Print Questions.

5 posts in this topic

I have a CGC 7.0 PLOD, do people even use that term anymore. It has Professional color touch to the cover. I sent it in ages ago, before CGC did any pressing. It wasn't pressed or cleaned by me, but I am guessing that the person who did the color touch probably did. 

I am considering having someone remove the color touch and then clean/press it before resubmitting it. I have no idea what grade it will get, ebay graded this comic over a decade ago and things are much different now. 

What do people have for advice on this? I'll also be submitting 3 #2' and 2x #3 and #4.

20180522_101034.jpg

TMNT#1.FIRST.PRINT.CGC.PLOD.7.0.jpg

Since it's rated "professional" it should be removable.  The question is how much is there (small can be quite a bit) and how bad will it damage the book to get it removed.  You'd have to have Matt take a look at it.  One of the few cases where I would recommend sending it to CCS for his opinion. 

On 3/20/2023 at 7:52 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Personally, I don't think it would look better with a bunch of holes in the cover.  I'd pay more for a book like that in it's current state than I would post-scraping.  :sumo:

Agreed.

Depending on the extent of the color touch - and scraping - could come back anywhere from a 4.5 to a 6.0 - but will definitely look uglier.