• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1
4 4

139 posts in this topic

On 3/25/2023 at 12:36 PM, MrBedrock said:

Why would I sell it so cheap?

God Bless if $300k is cheap

On 3/25/2023 at 12:25 PM, chezmtghut said:

hm How about 30 boardies @ $10k stored in the collector’s vault for 5-10 years?

BE64BD56-ED2B-48A4-8DBA-143C1506A285.jpeg

You might have one potential partner...make it $27.5k but around there

On 3/25/2023 at 11:40 AM, RSZ17 said:

God Bless if $300k is cheap

It is 25% less than I have it priced at. We do semi-annual sales in the store where we offer 25% off. A slabbed Batman #1 would not be part of those sales.

Edited by MrBedrock

On 3/25/2023 at 9:33 AM, NP_Gresham said:

So my plan is to place a large bet on Red Sox to sweep the Astros in the ALCS, then this bad boy is mine!

Wish me luck Mr B :Rocket:

You would definitely get some huge odds on that bet.

astroswslogo.jpg

And speaking of the Astros, Altuve is out for two months so meet The Champs' new second baseman...

astrosdavid.jpg

Edited by MrBedrock

On 3/25/2023 at 12:42 PM, MrBedrock said:

Also, when I ask for quality thread-crapping the emphasis is on "QUALITY" - not selective screen grabs.

A 2.5 sold recently for $215,000

Further up on your GPA screen a 6.0 sold for $552,000

I would think a 4.0 with nice paper and eye appeal should sit somewhere around $400,000.

First time thread-crapper here, still in the development stage.
HA sold a beautiful 4.0 for $117k May 5th 2020, but I see a 2.5 @ $270k March 16th 2022 also.
Prices aren’t exactly steady these days. I was asking $250k for my ASM 1 CGC 9.2 & have dropped to $200k.

I didn’t realize you would take it so seriously when you have others suggesting 400 boardies @ $10k, then respond offering a private dance thrown in.:sorry:

I also thought it might be a practical arrangement that might even be worth considering, but I apologize if you took offence to it. 

On 3/25/2023 at 9:42 AM, MrBedrock said:

Also, when I ask for quality thread-crapping the emphasis is on "QUALITY" - not selective screen grabs.

A 2.5 sold recently for $215,000

Further up on your GPA screen a 6.0 sold for $552,000

I would think a 4.0 with nice paper and eye appeal should sit somewhere around $400,000.

9588CAF4-038C-40D2-98BE-480BC542CF6E.gif.94c7d53d63f2bb5fd2cb9d57ae2bb06e.gif

I’ll give you 20 cents which is twice what it cost new. That copy looks pretty used to me. I’ll toss in another dime for that piece of hard plastic you’ve got it wrapped in. 

On 3/25/2023 at 12:17 PM, chezmtghut said:

HA sold a beautiful 4.0 for $117k May 5th 2020, but I see a 2.5 @ $270k March 16th 2022 also.
Prices aren’t exactly steady these days. I was asking $250k for my ASM 1 CGC 9.2 & have dropped to $200k.

I didn’t realize you would take it so seriously when you have others suggesting 400 boardies @ $10k, then respond offering a private dance thrown in.:sorry:

I also thought it might be a practical arrangement that might even be worth considering, but I apologize if you took offence to it. 

No worries. I was not offended. I was just making a point about the selective use of GPA to justify a position. It is a pretty common practice around here.

Edited by MrBedrock

On 3/25/2023 at 12:38 PM, N e r V said:

I’ll give you 20 cents which is twice what it cost new. That copy looks pretty used to me. I’ll toss in another dime for that piece of hard plastic you’ve got it wrapped in. 

Now that is quality krap right there! (worship)

On 3/25/2023 at 1:38 PM, MrBedrock said:

No worries. I not offended. I was just making a point about the selective use of GPA to justify a position. It is a pretty common practice around here.

Something we’ve all likely experienced. I had a chance to get a 4.0 from Bob Storms & went for the ASM 1 instead. Definitely regretted that decision. Still incredible to think that this was a $12k book 20 years ago. 

On 3/25/2023 at 12:44 PM, chezmtghut said:
On 3/25/2023 at 12:38 PM, MrBedrock said:

No worries. I not offended. I was just making a point about the selective use of GPA to justify a position. It is a pretty common practice around here.

Something we’ve all likely experienced. I had a chance to get a 4.0 from Bob Storms & went for the ASM 1 instead. Definitely regretted that decision. Still incredible to think that this was a $12k book 20 years ago. 

I have never experienced the unbridled delirium of willfully choosing a Spider-Man #1 over a Batman #1. That must have been quite an experience.

On 3/25/2023 at 1:52 PM, MrBedrock said:

I have never experienced the unbridled delirium of willfully choosing a Spider-Man #1 over a Batman #1. That must have been quite an experience.

In my defence, the asking was $195k when GPA had 2 sales @ $110k - $120k down from $140k - $150k a year earlier. ASM 1 sales seemed to be more stable in comparison. I tend to invest in Marvel over DC, but should have grabbed that book the moment I saw it. 

On 3/25/2023 at 1:12 PM, chezmtghut said:
On 3/25/2023 at 12:52 PM, MrBedrock said:

In my defence, the asking was $195k when GPA had 2 sales @ $110k - $120k down from $140k - $150k a year earlier. ASM 1 sales seemed to be more stable in comparison. I tend to invest in Marvel over DC, but should have grabbed that book the moment I saw it. 

In the interest of full transparency I was half owner of that 4.0 with Bob. It went very quickly for $195 in a cash/trade deal and we both shortly regretted letting it go for that when another copy in the same grade sold for about $50K more within six weeks or so. I too usually prefer Marvel keys for inventory but Batman 1 and other Batman key issues are a little different. I have been dealing comics for over forty years and Batman books have never been slow.

And that 4.0 looked nowhere near as nice as this one.

Edited by MrBedrock

On 3/25/2023 at 1:17 PM, chezmtghut said:

I didn't think it was possible to so severely misread a room!

What's the going rate on black-market organs? I can spare a lung, a kidney and half a liver.  I would go with more but i think my wife needs all the rest to keep living and while there are many things i can do to get on her bad side, killing her and harvesting her organs is pretty close to the top, just above not closing cabinet doors and just under not responding when spoken to

On 3/25/2023 at 2:57 PM, Sal said:

What's the going rate on black-market organs? I can spare a lung, a kidney and half a liver.  I would go with more but i think my wife needs all the rest to keep living and while there are many things i can do to get on her bad side, killing her and harvesting her organs is pretty close to the top, just above not closing cabinet doors and just under not responding when spoken to

Sal sighting! :whatthe:

:hi:

On 3/25/2023 at 11:28 AM, MrBedrock said:

In the interest of full transparency I was half owner of that 4.0 with Bob. It went very quickly for $195 in a cash/trade deal and we both shortly regretted letting it go for that when another copy in the same grade sold for about $50K more within six weeks or so. I too usually prefer Marvel keys for inventory but Batman 1 and other Batman key issues are a little different. I have been dealing comics for over forty years and Batman books have never been slow.

And that 4.0 looked nowhere near as nice as this one.

I like the cover but was always a bit indifferent to owning a Batman #1. It never seemed like a hard book to find as golden age goes. Tec #27 was waaay harder to find decent and Supes #1 too. Again we are talking “as golden age goes” which often exists on a different world when comparing to silver age books. I hate using CGC as any type of marker with existing copies but last time I checked there were still under 50 copies for Tec #27, Batman #1 was around 150 and Spider-Man #1 was in the thousands. There’s probably more existing Spider-Man #1’s in 9.0+ than all the Tec #27’s on census. I have no idea how many SA keys like that I’ve owned over the years but most GA keys I have an exact or close range to those I’ve held. Both characters are super popular so rarity establishes a lot of the market between those 2 books. Quest any GA key vs SA key and see how long it takes to find copies.

Bedrock is very transparent too…:devil:

4A5ECD95-DD02-459A-A239-94656DFEE3D9.webp.1643b86f334bdf8196cda701dcf0df39.webp

On 3/25/2023 at 1:38 PM, N e r V said:

The N e r V of this guy.:peace: