• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1
4 4

139 posts in this topic

On 3/25/2023 at 3:11 PM, N e r V said:

I like the cover but was always a bit indifferent to owning a Batman #1. It never seemed like a hard book to find as golden age goes. Tec #27 was waaay harder to find decent and Supes #1 too. Again we are talking “as golden age goes” which often exists on a different world when comparing to silver age books. I hate using CGC as any type of marker with existing copies but last time I checked there were still under 50 copies for Tec #27, Batman #1 was around 150 and Spider-Man #1 was in the thousands. There’s probably more existing Spider-Man #1’s in 9.0+ than all the Tec #27’s on census. I have no idea how many SA keys like that I’ve owned over the years but most GA keys I have an exact or close range to those I’ve held. Both characters are super popular so rarity establishes a lot of the market between those 2 books. Quest any GA key vs SA key and see how long it takes to find copies.

Bedrock is very transparent too…:devil:

4A5ECD95-DD02-459A-A239-94656DFEE3D9.webp.1643b86f334bdf8196cda701dcf0df39.webp

GPA on ASM 1 CGC 9.2 @ 8, 9.0 @ 22. GPA on Batman 1 CGC 4.0 @ 13. GPA on Detective 27 @ 37 universal, 1 qualified & 37 restored. 

On 3/28/2023 at 1:46 PM, batman_fan said:

How in the world can you offer these deep discounts 🤣

Sell 'em at a loss but make it up in volume!

On 3/22/2023 at 4:51 PM, MrBedrock said:

CGC 4.0 Off-White to White - $400,000.00 $399,998.97

Grader's Notes -

Comic Description:
Batman 1 Spring 1940 D.C. Comics

Grader Notes:
detached centerfold
fraying spine breaks color
tear top of spine
wear right bottom of front cover breaks color
foxing to cover
moderate creasing to cover