• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heads are rolling at Marvel

24 posts in this topic

On 3/29/2023 at 2:19 PM, lizards2 said:

Daredevil, MiracleMan Silverage, everything that Mike Mignola has his hands on at Dark Horse (Hellboy, Resident Alien, etc), Cerebus in Hell one shots, Parker Girls (or anything from Abstract), Hey Kids! Comics, Fables, Frank Frazetta presents titles, and anything else that catches my eye in Preview. Sometimes I pick up some junk from Image - Junkyard Joe, and currently Worldtr33.  Of the non-comic stuff, I get some Taschen and Goliath titles. :whistle:

I just finished Marvel's new Predator series and thought it was good. Haven't started the 2nd arc yet. Savage Avengers is fun. Archie vs Predator had me laugh out loud.

On 3/29/2023 at 3:01 PM, Kramerica said:

I just finished Marvel's new Predator series and thought it was good. Haven't started the 2nd arc yet. Savage Avengers is fun. Archie vs Predator had me laugh out loud.

The question Beyonder should of asked is, "You read new comics?"

To which I would have answered, "No." lol

On 3/29/2023 at 7:11 PM, the blob said:

it isn't like ant man is losing that much. Warner is taking a huge hit with their last 2 movies.  Disney+ is such a rip off providing so little new content given that they spend about $75-100 million to make 2 hours of television any "loss" that move makes should be considered wiped out by providing some content. I cannot believe I am paying for this service to watch the mandelorian and bad batch. say what you want about netflix, but we get a constant stream of content, good, bad, whatever. Tons of adult programming to watch.

Andor was awesome.  But yes,  Disney is for kids.

On 3/29/2023 at 6:05 PM, Ken Aldred said:

I still read a lot of modern comics.

Not as bad as many make them out to be.

I read a lot of older stuff as well.

No Age bias, really.

I fell away from reading any age of comics long ago. I maybe get in 2-3 comics a year now. I still do enjoy the collecting side of the hobby though.

I'm getting the new Xtreme X-Men miniseries from Claremont and Larocca, partly for nostalgia from their old run, and mostly to keep a whole run of their work. That's my only Marvel book I'm getting. I even dropped Fantastic Four, it was that bad, and I've decided I'm not coming back. I'm finally done with it. 

Marvel's John Turitzin & Rob Steffens, Also Fired By Disney

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marvels-john-turitzin-rob-steffens-also-fired-by-disney/

As well as laying off Ike Perlmutter as chairman of Marvel Entertainment – a company that technically now no longer exists – Marvel has also fired John Turitzin, chief counsel for Marvel Entertainment, as well as Rob Steffens, co-president of Marvel Entertainment, all three confirmed by Disney spokespeople, via the New York Times. As is that Dan Buckley, president of Marvel Entertainment, will remain and report to Kevin Feige, president of Marvel Studios, rather than Feige and Perlmutter together.