• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Updating Captain Marvel Adventures #19 (L.Miller & Son Ltd) for Graders

2 posts in this topic

I thought I'd request a census update for Captain Marvel Adventures #19 (L.Miller & Son Ltd), which has incomplete information in the date, key and art comments section.

The current layout of Captain Marvel Adventures #19 (of March 31, 2023):

Issue Date: No Date

Year: 1900

Publisher: L.Miller & Son Ltd

Key Comments: Marvelman introduced in text page.

My proposed (updated) layout of Captain Marvel Adventures #19:

Issue Date: 12/53

Year: 1953

Publisher: L.Miller & Son Ltd

Key Comments: 1st introduction of Marvelman (Mike Moran) in text page. Editorial announces end of Captain Marvel Adventures and the start of Marvelman.

Art Comments: Otto Binder stories; Pete Costanza and Jack Binder art; and C.C. Beck cover.

Would such a change be possible?

Justification:

Issue DateYear and Key Comments: There are no publication dates on the comics Captain Marvel Adventures #1 to #24, though they can be inferred by the weekly schedule and some known dates -- August 19, 1953 - January 27, 1954. Marvel - in Marvelman Classic (2010) -  confirmed that Captain Marvel Adventures #19 was published on December 23, 1953:

Spoiler

5b5232018e8b2cea0985b4842985c484.png

Art Comments:

The cover is a reprint of C.C. Beck's in Captain Marvel Adventures #19 (1943) -- as noted on Captain Marvel Adventures #19 (1943)'s CGC entry. Alter-Ego #19 verifies he did the cover and not Marc Swayze.

The stories - The Phantom of the Department Store and The Sinister Tropical Snow! - are froCaptain Marvel Adventures #19 (1943) and Mary Marvel #18 (1947), respectively, by Otto Binder

The art - The Phantom of the Department Store and The Sinister Tropical Snow! - are froCaptain Marvel Adventures #19 (1943) and Mary Marvel #18 (1947), respectively, by Pete Costanza and Jack Binder.

All comments are welcomed.

Edited by Bart Allen

• Administrator

Hello,

Thank you for your question! I have sent this to our graders to review. We can not guarantee the changes being made but they will review the current census information to what is now available. Let us know if you have any other questions.