• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Must-Read Kirby Article On CNN Front-Page
1 1

26 posts in this topic

On 4/10/2023 at 5:11 PM, zephyr424 said:

Call me crazy, but maybe it had something to do with the ethnic backgrounds of the founders of the Soviet Union being the same as Kirby's. Or the fact those despots murdered million of Christians during the Holodomor.  Or possibly it could have had something to do with the Red Scare bombings of the early 20th century etc.  

Are you crazy or just crack-happy? Kirby was Jewish. You're telling me the Russians were also Jewish? History *spoon*, do you know it? 

On 4/10/2023 at 4:53 AM, Cat said:

Are you crazy or just crack-happy? Kirby was Jewish. You're telling me the Russians were also Jewish? History *spoon*, do you know it? 

As was just stated the Bolsheviks reflected the ethnic make-up of their society.  Trotsky was Jewish but Lenin and Stalin who won the power struggles were not.  Kirby and Lee’s ancestors were Russian Jews but they were both born in the US.  All of that is academic to zephyr’s argument because when CA 1 came out the USSR was still in bed with Hitler.  That is why there were comics like this:

image.jpeg.3e6b058f18093b59dcb3c9cd74d8e9e6.jpeg

image.jpeg.1188087923cbbe399827b4cfbd1bd01b.jpeg

Edited by sfcityduck

• Administrator

It's not ok to discuss and/0r give opinions on current politicians.  This includes all countries.  I removed a few posts.  I am locking the thread.  It's starting to violate the terms of use, and I see severe conflict coming from it in future posts.