• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission question: COA - include or don't include and signed comic book
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I have a J.Scott Campbell Exclusive issue that I purchased directly from jscottcampbell.com.   

The comic book is signed and came with a COA.

I went through the online form but did not see anything about signature authentication.   My questions are:

1.  Should I include the COA with the submission and will I get it back?  The COA has a number on it and is actually pretty nice.  

2.  Will the grading label indicate that it is signed?

3.  Should I include the receipt?

Thanks!

• Administrator

Hello,

Thank you for your questions! 

1. Do not include COAs in your submission. These are not needed in the certification process and normally are not returned to customers after grading. Keep this for your own records.

2. Because this book was not witnessed by CGC, and broke the chain of custody from the artist to us, it will not receive a Yellow Signature Series Label. Instead, this will receive a green qualified label stating "Name written on cover in marker". You can see an example of this below.

3. You do not need to include a receipt for the signature either because this is not needed in the certification process. 

Have a great day!

image.png