• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC misidentified my first print issue as a second print
2 2

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

I recently received back some issues I had sent for grading.  While I am nominally ok with the grades that were assessed, CGC also identified one of comics as a second print which I know to be incorrect. I subsequently did additional research that shows the differences in the covers between the first print and the second print covers, and I definitely have the first print cover.

What do I need to do to address my problem with the grading for this one issue?

K

If you have a problem with a service you paid for, collect and organize your evidence and contact customer service and ask for remedy. Be direct but polite, escalate if necessary.

you can apply this advice to your entire life. You’re welcome.

most companies have websites, phone numbers, emails, and social media 

Thanks for the help everyone.  My issue was that I didn't know where to contact customer service regarding this, as it is not a standard "my comic got damaged in the return shipping" type issue.

I used the submissions@cgccomics.com email to detail my concerns, and I laid our my evidence.  It worked and they gave me authorization to use the ME return policy to get this resolved.  Thanks to the CGC people involved I now am shipping it back to get this issue resolved.

I have attached my pics and my evidence below so you can judge for yourselves.

image.png

Note that the title is colored deep magenta and the title shadow is dark purple.

According to  https://comicbookrealm.com/series/12033/0/cartoon-books-bone-vol-1 this would identify this as a first print. The second print has a brighter magenta title and has a sky blue shadow.  I have attached screenpics from the above website detailing the same. 

image.png
image.png

On 4/7/2023 at 8:10 PM, Green Teeth said:

So the indicia doesn't indicate 2nd prints at all?

No. I would have noticed if it did. I have no idea why they would identify it as a second printing.

On 4/8/2023 at 4:52 AM, KeeksTag said:

No. I would have noticed if it did. I have no idea why they would identify it as a second printing.

Most of the time, you can attribute this kind of thing to human error. In this case, they probably just selected the wrong printing because they didn't know the difference...

On 4/8/2023 at 9:10 AM, The Lions Den said:

Most of the time, you can attribute this kind of thing to human error. In this case, they probably just selected the wrong printing because they didn't know the difference...

That can be true, among other possible errors. At intake, it could have been incorrectly keyed in, if not imported from the original submission. I know from experience that the final roster of my submissions can vary a bit from how it was sent in.

Maybe you know if the person printing the label checks, or goes with what is already loaded. I've gotten comics labeled as Australian versions that were US copies. I just left them like that, easy to see the real story. Stuff happens.

On 4/8/2023 at 10:03 AM, Lightning55 said:

Maybe you know if the person printing the label checks, or goes with what is already loaded.

Yes, if it makes it that far in the process it's probably going to go out the door that way, especially if it's difficult to tell the difference by looking only at the cover...  

On 4/7/2023 at 7:01 PM, KeeksTag said:

Thanks for the help everyone.  My issue was that I didn't know where to contact customer service regarding this, as it is not a standard "my comic got damaged in the return shipping" type issue.

I used the submissions@cgccomics.com email to detail my concerns, and I laid our my evidence.  It worked and they gave me authorization to use the ME return policy to get this resolved.  Thanks to the CGC people involved I now am shipping it back to get this issue resolved.

I have attached my pics and my evidence below so you can judge for yourselves.

image.png

Note that the title is colored deep magenta and the title shadow is dark purple.

According to  https://comicbookrealm.com/series/12033/0/cartoon-books-bone-vol-1 this would identify this as a first print. The second print has a brighter magenta title and has a sky blue shadow.  I have attached screenpics from the above website detailing the same. 

image.png
image.png

The pics aren’t loading for me. Which issue was this?

Edited by docgo
Typo