• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you had Daredevil 20-105 complete, how would you sell it?

24 posts in this topic

It depends if you want a career . . . 27_laughing.gif

Any and all high grade books should be sold individually sumo.gif

From a selling standpoint, it never makes any sense to sell in lots unless the books are all less than VF. Most collectors are only trying to fill holes anyway.

I respectfully disagree. If he sells all the high grade issues, then what does he have left?

Is that a trick question? insane.gif He has all of the others left, and money in his pocket. The remaining lot will just as easily sell as a lot, and probably for just as much. makepoint.gif

You may get less seling them as a set, but sometimes, you might get a premium.

Emphasis on sometimes 27_laughing.gif

If I remember correctly, there are a number of 8.5s and 9.0s in the later issues, but I don't think there are any 9.4s or better.

8.5's under #100 are quite desirable. Most collectors are quite happy with a collection of true 8.0's - I know I am. grin.gif

And there aren't many key issues through that run . . . (#27, 43, 45, and the one which retells DD's origin, 52&53-B.Smith?) but a lot of great Gene Colan work!

I would sell them all, individually (with the exception of books that were so low grade they guided out at around $3 or $4. Those I would batch, because you might have a hard time getting even $2 for them on eBay- although stranger things have happened.) I would also try to list them as close as possible together to allow for people to buy multiples.

My experience with selling whole runs, at least moderns, is that you are probably better off taking out the best issues and breaking the rest in lots. Seems to maximize profit better than selling the whole thing at once.

I would sell them all, individually (with the exception of books that were so low grade they guided out at around $3 or $4. Those I would batch, because you might have a hard time getting even $2 for them on eBay- although stranger things have happened.) I would also try to list them as close as possible together to allow for people to buy multiples.

That's how I would do it as well.

That's how I would do it as well.

Me three................... grin.gif

Based on the description you have in your website, I would list them on eBay as a lot, with alot of scans and a good write up of the description of the individual lots. Start the opening bid around 400ish. I think you might do ok like that. I used to buy sets all them time for bronze stuff. (DC)