• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Universal's THE SUPER MARIO BROS. MOVIE starring Chris Pratt, Charlie Day (2023)

88 posts in this topic

Again, you can tack on another $250 to $300 million for the Korea and Japan markets still about 2 weeks away. So if this was a true world wide release we would likely be over $750 million at this point. How high is the ceiling on this film?  Will it get past Frozen 2 for the highest animated film of all time, which was $1.45 billion?  This looks like it has a legitimate chance of $1.5 to $1.6.

On 4/17/2023 at 5:20 PM, TeddieMercede said:

Mario Bros deserves all the $$$ headed it’s way for being what people want; a fun, family movie without strings attached. 

A movie company knew what their audience was and made a film to make that audience happy.  Amazing what happens when you do that.

I gave them more money this weekend. My son and his friend wanted to see it again and his friend’s dad was looking for an excuse to go. 

Held up as a fun escape movie with tons of nostalgia slipped in. It doesn’t rely on it, but the subtle music changes, background posters and background cameos make it enjoyable. 

On 4/24/2023 at 9:01 AM, awakeintheashes said:

I gave them more money this weekend. My son and his friend wanted to see it again and his friend’s dad was looking for an excuse to go.

I wish my friends' kids were old enough to take to a theater and appreciate this. They're all under 3, though.

On 4/24/2023 at 9:03 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I wish my friends' kids were old enough to take to a theater and appreciate this. They're all under 3, though.

My son is right at the age where I started playing Mario as a kid, so it was cool to see him pointing out all the stuff and turning to me and saying “remember that.” My almost 4yo daughter tolerated most of it because of him, but we lost her at the end. 

If this spawns a whole new line of movies, it would be cool to see them bring it back to theaters in future years for new audiences to enjoy on the big screen.