• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Color touch restoration question

4 posts in this topic

On 4/6/2023 at 11:13 PM, Andrewandrewandrew said:

After I have leaf casted the comic I'm having issues with the paint applying to the area smoothly. Also are their any additional resources for how to color touch more effectively?

As an artist, I can understand your desire to create, but I've seen very few restoration jobs (both professional and amateur) that impressed me to the point where I'd consider owning the book.

Perhaps there are other folks here who've had more positive experiences with restoration...   

Edited by The Lions Den

Perhaps think about the printing technique itself.  Pointalism, if you can work that small.  You want to mirror how it was done originally.  A full wash of color is not going to look correct.

History has shown that the best way to learn a craft is to apprentice under the tutelage of a master craftsman.  :preach:  Here's what Susan Cicconi had to say about her own training in the field of paper conservation:

"My illustrious career started in Paris in the early 80's having just completed 3 years of Art History study at L'Ecole du Louvre in Paris France. I began paper conservation tutoring under the head paper conservator of the Museum of Modern Art, Dianne O'Neal, an American living in Paris. I was her chief assistant restoring 36 original drawings by Pablo Picasso for a centennial retrospective held in Munich, 1981. I continued work in NYC and Boston when I met the 'pioneer' of comic book conservation, William Sarill. Within 5 years, I became the sole owner and proprietor of The Restoration Lab, specializing in comics and other ephemera."