• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rob Liefeld is out of his mind
4 4

155 posts in this topic

On 10/16/2023 at 8:51 AM, CHWL said:

Got my book back last week! :D

image.thumb.jpeg.a4519408011e17e14805e081bd738092.jpeg

awesome! First that I've seen of someone going the official sketch option, it wasn't cheap and CONRATS! looks great!

On 10/17/2023 at 2:38 AM, eastbayrudy said:

Wonder if that was the sketch or remark option? 

This was the remark option. Rob really knocked the ball out of the park with this one - you can clearly tell he spent time and effort on this (which frankly a lot of other artists charging similar amounts for remarks do not!).

On 10/19/2023 at 3:00 AM, CHWL said:

This was the remark option. Rob really knocked the ball out of the park with this one - you can clearly tell he spent time and effort on this (which frankly a lot of other artists charging similar amounts for remarks do not!).

I have noticed he took the time with signature quality and placement. I think he just truly appreciates his fans and the opportunity that CGC gave him. 

Rob's art is awful, but...

I was a young teen when Image was peaking, so I have sentimental feelings for the entire roster and all the drek associated with them. 

As for him "being out of his mind..." 

Nope. He can charge what he thinks he is worth. People are free to pony up the cash or move along. 

You know why he raised his prices? Because he knew he could. And he was right. No need to be sore about it. That's how capitalism (and collecting, in general) work. 

Edited by newshane

On 10/19/2023 at 11:25 AM, Gator Guru said:

That signature and placement! Looks amazing.

Thanks! Ya I was very please with his placement. You can always count on Rob to add something cool to the cover with his sigs and remarks. 

On 10/18/2023 at 11:59 PM, CHWL said:

No I'm going to leave it as is. Anything more and I think it would look too busy. What do you think?

No, you are right. Looks great as is. It would be awesome though to have Rob write Deadpool vs. Wolverine in some sick comic book style font along the bottom. 

On 10/24/2023 at 7:50 AM, CHWL said:

The only thing I could think of to make this "even better" is convincing Silvestri (somehow) to add Wolverine's arm with claws pointed upwards towards DP's face! :D

That would be sick! Oh and maybe a cigar in his mouth! lol