• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Buys
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Every so often, I will spot a piece on CAT which I like, is inexpensive, but out of my wheelhouse. I suspect others have had similar experiences. So, I thought it might be a nice idea to alert other boardies in case they might be interested.  I would suggest the following rules and limitations: 

1. Pieces should generally be less than $1,000, and definitely less than $2,000. Over that amount, and it’s not helping a lot of the boardies who might appreciate it the most.

2. No more than one page per post, preferably no more than one post per day. You can argue that a heck of a lot of pieces are good art/good deals, but too much bloat doesn’t focus attention on real bargains.

3. Try to explain why you think it’s a good deal. For example, I like a lot of Chaykin’s work, particularly his older pages when he would do everything himself. He could be very creative at borders, turning otherwise uninteresting pages into nice work, and his technical skills are very high. As to the subject matter, well…not usually involving favorite characters, so they often have a low price point.

4. No self-promotion. Don’t post your own pieces here that are for sale. That’s for Marketplace.

So, if you’re interested, give it a shot.