• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quasar #32 "Printing Error"
2 2

7 posts in this topic

Hoping I could get some clarification on this(I apologize if there is already a thread on this but I couldn't find one, I also apologize if this has been fixed already).

My understanding was that since Quasar was a direct sales only title, that the Operation: Galactic Storm tie-in issues(32-34) which went to the Newsstands, got #1-3 placed on the covers. If that is the case, the only issues that should be considered "Printing Error" copies would be the DIRECT sales versions which accidentally got printed with #1, 2 or 3. Why is CGC labeling the Newsstand copies with 1-3 as "printing errors"? 

Not an error?:

quasar32err1.thumb.png.19c3e3660392fd009e6085f2b7bc18cb.png

quasar32err1b.thumb.png.2df0defada5416c5f9d3f55f8b70c4f9.png

True error?:

quasar32err1a.thumb.png.b815a33f347fc8e65c51e723590b26a7.png

Edited by trademarkcomics

For people who don't want to have to go to the other thread.

"The crossover event Operation Galactic Storm was offered in 1992 across seven titles, but the Quasar series was being published as a direct-only title at the time. In order to allow the full publication of the crossover on the newsstand, Marvel published the Quasar issues as a three-issue Special series"

Edited by Beyonder123

On 4/11/2023 at 3:52 PM, El Toro Rojo said:

Also, since this was an "exclusive" for the newsstand market, some direct retailers complained - therefore, it was also available as a #1 direct edition.

Same thing happened with a Ghost Rider/Doctor Strange crossover, when Doc was a direct only title.

I would still think the direct version with #1 would be a much smaller print run than the newsstand #1 or the direct edition with #32. But, yeah CGC needs to call them what they are---not "printing errors".

No one makes a mistake on purpose...

Thank you all for the info and the link to the older thread!