• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's a "FrankenSlab"?

5 posts in this topic

On 4/11/2023 at 3:12 PM, AmbassadorSlip said:

I just heard a YT content creator talking about Frankenslabs, and they suggested that those slabs should be sent in to get re-done. What is one, and how do I identify it?

my opinion is a "Frankenslab" is any slab that isn't perfect. Scuffs, crud or debris inside the case, newton rings, comic not seated inside the slab properly, comic damaged by the encapsulation. Any reason against this claim:

CGC’s state-of-the-art holder combines superior optics and the most advanced archival materials, making it ideal for visual display and preservation.

I thought it referred to a purple label slab where the book inside is heavily reconstructed to the point where its a "frankenstein" book. 

But if where you heard it from recommended sending them back in to be fixed, then yeah they probably meant what everyone else said above.

Edited by JC25427N