• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No Grader Notes
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hello all. I just bought this CGC 8.5 Vampirella 1, the pictures the seller provided looked great, however when I got the book I noticed there is a crease that runs the length of the book, I looked up the grader notes and found that there is none, which I find odd, this silver age key should have been issued grader notes. Aside from the crease the book looks great. Can this kind of crease be pressed out? 

6955CBDF-85A5-4E14-8864-9155560851E2.jpeg

62EA6244-1D02-4AD7-9912-B5E05CED756E.jpeg

54C34220-02F0-4CDE-A37C-AF7780FBB95E.jpeg

Edited by Ramrod69
I wanted to be more clear

I don't know if I'd call that a "crease" so much as a bend, but it could probably be improved by pressing, yes.

Given the value of this book, especially in higher grades, the cost of cracking, pressing and regrading might be worthwhile if you could actually increase the grade.  It's kind of hard to tell if some of those little marks are just on the case or if they are on the book itself, but from what I can see, it's no guarantee that flattening that bend would improve the grade to a 9.0 or above anyway.

If you want to gamble with those costs, then go for it.

I agree with you---there should be grading notes. 

And be aware that cracking a book out of the holder and subjecting it to the rigors of pressing can be an expensive (and sometimes unsatisfactory) roll of the dice. 

Personally, I'd be very happy to own an unpressed Very Fine+ copy of this book...