• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Tomb Of Dracula #10
2 2

10 posts in this topic

Hey everyone. I want to send in my second comic to CGC but I clearly have no idea how to grade lol. I sent my first comic in as a 4.0 / 5.0 possible and it came back as a 3.0

The smudge on the image of the inner page is what i always thought of as an improperly cleaned roller on the assembley line. This was unfortunately a fairly common thing when I was buying comics.

Thanks.

drac10front.png

drac10rear.png

drac10page.png

On 4/14/2023 at 11:12 AM, scburdet said:

the internal ink error isn't an issue. The creases & chunk out of the back cover will be. I think 4.0. Pressing won't fix much, but I think it would look better

Yup yup thanks :)

I figured pressing would improve the look a bit and if someone is going to potentially spend 400 to 800 dollars for this I should at least get a pressing done.

Just to clarify for you, those ink smudges you are seeing on the inside pages are not usually a printing error. They are usually caused by printing too much ink on one of pages which then transfers over to the opposite pages once the book is closed. If you look, there are usually big dark colored patches on the opposite page that line up with the smudges. And yes, like everyone here has said, it will not affect the grade! My X-Men annual 14 has those smudges all the over the place. Seems more typical on cheap newsprint paper. I think a weak 4.0 is fair. It presents well but has multiple large reading creases along most of the spine, some edge wear, and then of course the missing piece on the back. 3.5 is possible. 

On 4/18/2023 at 8:11 PM, SolidShredder said:

Just to clarify for you, those ink smudges you are seeing on the inside pages are not usually a printing error. They are usually caused by printing too much ink on one of pages which then transfers over to the opposite pages once the book is closed. If you look, there are usually big dark colored patches on the opposite page that line up with the smudges. And yes, like everyone here has said, it will not affect the grade! My X-Men annual 14 has those smudges all the over the place. Seems more typical on cheap newsprint paper. I think a weak 4.0 is fair. It presents well but has multiple large reading creases along most of the spine, some edge wear, and then of course the missing piece on the back. 3.5 is possible. 

very interesting, thanks. i have several comics with those smudges. i will check that out.

just got the update that this comic has been shipped out and i was pleasantly surprised to see that it came in at a 4.5.

I was thinking 3.0 to 4.0 as most of you said here. graders notes are:

piece out top of back cover
light staining to cover
light tears to cover
moderate creasing to cover
moderate tanning interior cover

thanks everyone. I will post in the ebay thread when i get it back and list it. :)