• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink 4/15 thoughts and assessments
3 3

48 posts in this topic

On 4/16/2023 at 11:02 PM, Michael Browning said:

I have always agreed with this sentiment and even argued with people about how "fresh to market" doesn't affect sales prices -- until these auctions started heating up and I saw people getting so excited about art they hadn't seen in year or at all and watching the prices go sky high as a result. I think there is a bit of excitement around a piece that comes up for auction that hasn't been seen in years and it maybe pushes the results a higher.

At a higher end than I buy, I suspect. I bought something at the last signature auction which was fresh to market, and it sold for less than I expected (whew). But, I guess some people can get can excited about pieces. To me it would be a rare event.

On 4/19/2023 at 4:01 AM, barneythecantankerous said:

I think the way CLink runs their auctions is also a factor, I forever see comments when their auctions come up that people forgot about them. 

So they preview stuff like a month before the auction then the auction can last a month and there's no way to save/watch pieces on their super outdated site. 

It's an ineffective way to run IMO, as that length of time is way too long, especially with the amount of art of that comes to market today. 

In my opinion, C-link running an auction that starts a month early is like putting something on eBay with a Buy It Now price and it sitting there for 30 days. it loses its urgency. It's also like a 10-day auction on eBay versus a seven-day auction. I think an auction that long loses its urgency and collectors forget about it or simply lose interest.

I managed to sneak away with this out of the C-Link auction 

I’m a big Scarlet Witch and Vision fan, but my collection is primarily first and key appearance pages, so this one solved that problem nicely as the birth of Billy and Tommy was one of the most significant moments in their history 

(and, since my wife is a big WandaVision fan, and they echoed this scene on the show, it earned me bonus points in her eyes 🤣)

Vision and Scarlet Witch 12 pg 32 Howell and Springer 1986835542E5-746A-40D5-8A57-5D087809C785.thumb.jpeg.24b036dd9a80f51bd97c13f515f990a5.jpeg