• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SS Reholder Question
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I recently dropped one of my SS Slabs (oopsie) which cause a slight crack to the holder. It looks like no damage was done to the book. The book is a 9.2 and after looking at it, I really think it could benefit from a press. Is there anyway that I could submit for a reholder and have ccs press the book while keeping my yellow label? It looks like once I choose reholder I cannot select CCS pressing as an option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you submit for a reholder, the book is not removed from the sealed plastic sleeve inside the holder so you can't press the book.  

If you submit from CCS pressing, you have to submit the book in the case and CGC will remove the book to maintain the chain of custody to maintain the yellow label.  However, the book will also have to be regraded and you risk a downgrade on the book.  I can tell you from personal experience that even with CCS pressing, downgrades have become more common.

On 4/17/2023 at 3:03 PM, Hanq said:

So when submitting I select Regular Grading Submission and not Signature Series submission and then select Grading and Pressing and then continue as normal?

I’d contact cgc if the process is not obvious

On 4/17/2023 at 8:03 AM, Hanq said:

I recently dropped one of my SS Slabs (oopsie) which cause a slight crack to the holder. It looks like no damage was done to the book. The book is a 9.2 and after looking at it, I really think it could benefit from a press. Is there anyway that I could submit for a reholder and have ccs press the book while keeping my yellow label? It looks like once I choose reholder I cannot select CCS pressing as an option.

You’ll have to resubmit to be pressed and graded. Don’t let people scare you with the downgrade stories. You’re more likely to get an upgrade as you are a downgrade. Downgrades are a very bad advertisement for CCS

Edited by Hot Nickels

On 5/12/2023 at 4:44 PM, Hot Nickels said:

You’ll have to resubmit to be pressed and graded. Don’t let people scare you with the downgrade stories. You’re more likely to get an upgrade as you are a downgrade. Downgrades are a very bad advertisement for CCS

Thank you, the potential downgrade does not scare me... I've always been a bit of a gambler

On 4/17/2023 at 11:03 AM, Hanq said:

Thanks for asking this question.  Just recently the same thing happened to me and was going to call CGC tomorrow about this issue.