• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post TMNT 1 record?
2 2

74 posts in this topic

On 5/12/2023 at 2:39 PM, Bronty said:

I wonder if buy the book will lead to a low price on this one? That is the fugliest 9.6 graded comic or magazine I have seen in a while.

On 5/19/2023 at 3:22 PM, kimik said:

I wonder if buy the book will lead to a low price on this one? That is the fugliest 9.6 graded comic or magazine I have seen in a while.

I agree 100%. Sometimes you get those white marks on mags, but that spine rub/wear and the bottom left corner- C’mon! 

On 5/19/2023 at 3:22 PM, kimik said:

I agree, its not a pretty book for the grade to say the least.    That being said, I'm not sure how the market will react.   I think some of the buyers for this material are not typically comic collectors, so its hard to say if they will see it with the same eyes.  

On 4/23/2023 at 9:43 PM, valiantman said:

I don't know anything about those titles, but I can't imagine there are collectors willing to go Playboy #1 levels of money for Time or Life. 

Does anyone know?

I have a Life 1 in very high grade as well as the leather slipcase it came with in 1937. Best offer over 49K accepted. I'll sit back and wait for the flurry of PMs I'm about to get.

fun mag.    I don't collect the mags but I always found them fun to flip through.   Are you trying for a set?

I can't say I have the mags but I have the OA for a couple covers and a couple of the pull out posters and such.

This is the cover for issue 60 here:

3B2SvYO4_1301150223001.jpg

On 6/20/2023 at 12:28 PM, Bronty said:

fun mag.    I don't collect the mags but I always found them fun to flip through.   Are you trying for a set?

I can't say I have the mags but I have the OA for a couple covers and a couple of the pull out posters and such.

This is the cover for issue 60 here:

3B2SvYO4_1301150223001.jpg

You didn't tag nor quote but lol

I thought about collecting issues #1-20 and the last issue. doh! what annoys me?

Is that I started driving my brother to midnight releases at gamestop back in 2011 when the last issue was on the stands. I was told about cgc then, but it took until 2014 for me to take interest doh! AND I said oh wow that is the "last issue?" and I still didn't pick it up. :ohnoez:

I bought #1 back in 2016 when I first thought seriously about cgc, joined the registry in2015 though trying to sort it all out lol

Idk what to look for and it wasn't a sample copy, it's my regular #1 that came back 3.0 cgc. :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/2/2023 at 11:26 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I kind of expected more, based on past sales in this thread, I mean right?

Screenshot_20230802-102421.png

I expect a downward trend.   The 9.4 and 9.8 preceding this sold for way, way too much.

Even 25k on a 9.6 IMO is still too much and needs to correct downward to something more like 15k.

Let's remember, yes most copies are low grade, only a very small percentage stayed high grade but..... 3 million printed.    3 million.    And in 1988, not 1938.     There are more hg copies in the pipeline.

Edited by Bronty

On 8/2/2023 at 10:48 AM, Bronty said:

I expect a downward trend.   The 9.4 and 9.8 preceding this sold for way, way too much.

Even 25k on a 9.6 IMO is still too much and needs to correct downward to something more like 15k.

Let's remember, yes most copies are low grade, only a very small percentage stayed high grade but..... 3 million printed.    3 million.    And in 1988, not 1938.     There are more hg copies in the pipeline.

I expected "less", I just wasn't sure if this was the amount I thought of, I thought more toward 30k. The rest I'm well aware of, and it does seem a bit silly when a 5.0 sold yesterday at $300+ lol 

doh! what a day to end an auction, Tuesday in the afternoon. The reason I bring this up, is as you said rare in high grade?

It will be harder to "notice trends" :sumo: unless more come to market :sorry: and I hope would hurry along, but will probably take years and years :cry: 

Established trends is still probably to early?

On 8/2/2023 at 11:54 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I expected "less", I just wasn't sure if this was the amount I thought of, I thought more toward 30k. The rest I'm well aware of, and it does seem a bit silly when a 5.0 sold yesterday at $300+ lol 

doh! what a day to end an auction, Tuesday in the afternoon. The reason I bring this up, is as you said rare in high grade?

It will be harder to "notice trends" :sumo: unless more come to market :sorry: and I hope would hurry along, but will probably take years and years :cry: 

Established trends is still probably to early?

There were 4-5 additional hg copies added to the census just between when the 9.8 sold and when the 9.6 sold. 

These prices aren't going to hold up.

Realistically, a big buyer got their copy with the 9.8 and there isn't the depth of demand at these levels to keep the other grades propped up.

Edited by Bronty

On 8/2/2023 at 10:56 AM, Bronty said:

There were 4-5 additional hg copies added to the census just between when the 9.8 sold and when the 9.6 sold. 

These prices aren't going to hold up.

Were they the sample copy or the regular? But interesting as I didn't care too much other than eBay sold, when expecting $500+ for a 5.0, but noticed the gocollect post so glad I asked. :)

Thanks 👍

On 8/2/2023 at 11:03 AM, Bronty said:

"Poster inside" IIRC.

FYI, after the 9.8 sale, the 9.6 hit the block along with a 9.0.

There are already another two listed:   a 9.2 and a 9.0.   

Wasn't there a 9.4 sale for 35k? It sold several times with the same picture so idk if official salle or not. (shrug)

On 8/2/2023 at 12:05 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Wasn't there a 9.4 sale for 35k? It sold several times with the same picture so idk if official salle or not. (shrug)

I dunno about ebay sales - I remember hearing something about that but I don't watch ebay these days.

I know a 9.4 sold on HA around 20-25k a while back.

Yeah, I couldn't tell you.    This is why I ignore ebay on higher end sales.   Its just hard to know if you can trust the data point.   

Generally speaking though, I call BS on the top sales - zero feedback sellers.

Edited by Bronty