• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Bad E-Bay Transaction Turned Good

10 posts in this topic

After receiving a book that was graded "VF" and finding out it was VG (4.0) at best, I e-mailed the seller and this is his reply:

Brian,

I will send you a $30 refund via Paypal today if you like and you may keep the book as my way of apology. Does that sound fair to you?

God bless,

The book actually cost me $31.70 with shipping and he refunded me the full $31.70. I don't have a copy of the original e-mail I sent him, but I was very polite and put the ball in his court by simply stating why I believed the book was VG and asking him how we could best bring the transaction to a satisfactory conclusion.

I’ve had several E-bay transactions like this one (that ended well) and only one psycho that was totally unwilling to make the transaction right. You really do catch more flies with honey.

Sure, it's evesezrah . After talking to him some more I'm convinced (as he is) that it was an honest mistake. His feedback is very good and that's what motivated me to bid in the first place. In light of his commitment to customer satisfaction I wont have a problem bidding on future auctions from this guy.

BTW, I left him positive feedback.

The name sounds familiar because I bought two comics on ebay from a seller withthe name hobbes1836 but when I looked at my paypal account it showed a name silimar to that.

He said since I won two auctions he would ship both comics for the price of one.

Even offered that if I CGC them and they dont come close to what they estimated the grade at they would refund my money.

I am keeping the book. I told him I wouldn't mind sending it back because I'm going to buy a higher grade copy eventualy and sell the one I got from him. He insisted that I keep it though. I'm not going to twist his arm to take it back.