• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED and thank you!
1 1

38 posts in this topic

STREET CRED!
I've sold lots of books here throughout the years. Most of my kudos from back then were deleted when they migrated
to the new site, but some are still there. I've been selling artwork, records and comic books online for 25 years.
I go full pickle when it comes to making sure your book is packed tight and gets to you right - just ask around.

RULES!
No probies, hosers or otherwise shady people that I may have on ignore.
Payment made within 3 days of invoice via Paypal or Zelle unless arrangements are made before you post the take.

RETURNS!
If there is a problem with a grade, or issue with the book - let me know within 3 days of receiving and let's work it out.
No returns on CGC books unless something happens in transit.

SHIPPING!

Have NO FEAR. I pack solid. I pack tight. I pack with lots of material. I do not scrimp on packing.
Shipping will be noted on each item.

International shipping will be via Priority Mail at cost. PLEASE CHECK YOUR SHIPPING COST BEFORE POSTING I'LL TAKE IT.

DOIN' THE DEED:
 Rules the day over PM negotiations. Time stamps are the be-all, end-all way of determining a sale.
If an I'll Take It is posted in a PM and posted in the thread, that book will go to the post with earliest time stamp.

:news:Payment is due within 3 days of the PM invoice date

If you require more time, please PM me FIRST before posting your "I'll Take It" - I'm sure we can work something out.
However, if payment is not received within the specified time period, and no other arrangements have been made,
I reserve the right to cancel the sale and re-list the item. Boom.

Edited by Dr. Balls

My bookcases have always been filled with oddities and little creative things - time to make room for new stuff and get rid of some of the old!

IMG_2804.jpg

Misc Pulp 11-book Lot $175 shipped

Grades:

Thrilling Wonder Stories, April 1947 in GD/VG
Planet Stories, 1950
Planet Stories, January 1952 in GD+
Planet Stories, Winter 1946 in GD/VG
Weird Tales, May 1943 in GD
Weird Tales, November 1948 in FR
Weird Tales, March 1947 in GD/VG
Spider, February 1943 in FR/GD
Dime Mystery Magazine, July 1942 in FR
Amazing Stories, May 1952 in FR
Thrilling Wonder Stories, Spring 1945 in VG+
Thrilling Wonder Stories, December 1948 in VG-

IMG_2805.jpg

IMG_2806.jpg

IMG_2807.jpg

Tim Holt #30 CGC .5 + Zodiac reproduction Halloween card $618 SHIPPED SOLD TO BEIGE

Lots of interesting research surrounds this book regarding the serial killer: the Zodiac. The short of it is that he sent a Halloween card to the SF Chronicle using phrases on the card that appear only in this fashion, anywhere, in this particular Tim Holt comic book, leading people to speculate that the Zodiac might have been a comic collector. Not to mention, it's got a cool cover. Presents really well for a .5 and seems that CGC really pounded it for having two thirds of the back cover missing (that's all that's on the grader's notes). Difficult book to find in any grade, selling it for what I paid for it.

IMG_2808.jpg

IMG_2809.jpg

IMG_2810.jpg

IMG_2811.jpg

Edited by Dr. Balls

Elvira Hot Smack hot sauce $25 shipped SOLD TO S-MAN (short for "Sauce Man"?)

This was some sort of exclusive thing a few years back, I find no reference of it for sale anywhere, I know I bought it when it came out as I'm an Elvira fan. Bottles are sealed, and there is shrink around the box, except for the bottom, where I opened it to check out the bottles. Cool packaging.

IMG_2812.jpg

IMG_2813.jpg

Edited by Dr. Balls

Faces of Death 1 / 2 (sealed) / 3 on VHS $120 SHIPPED

FYI: Faces of Death have been debunked as "snuff films", it has been admitted by the originators of these videos that they are dramatizations and news footage, using special effects, etc. These are the Gorgon 90's releases, #2 is still sealed. I have played #1 and #3 in my VCR, they play fine with no tracking issues. Neat cover art.

IMG_2814.jpg

IMG_2815.jpg

IMG_2816.jpg

IMG_2817.jpg

IMG_2818.jpg

IMG_2819.jpg

IMG_2857.jpg

Stan Lynde Original Ric O'Shay Comic Strip from 1976 $145 SHIPPED

Great fire-and-brimstone dialogue by the judge in this strip, handing down the death sentence to a character, double-signed by Stan Lynde. This piece is twice-up and measures about 6"x17"

Stan Lynde Rick O'Shay 1976.jpg

Edited by Dr. Balls

X-Men Animated Series COMPLETE Seasons 1 & 2, with Bonus Pizza Hut Versions on VHS $225 SHIPPED SOLD TO PHOKING

Really nice, vivid, near-minty set of the first two seasons. I've watched most of these, they work fine and have no tracking problems. The color packaging on these is amazing-looking, a really nice set for your bookcase. Most of them are in clear holders and present nicely.

IMG_2820.jpg

IMG_2821.jpg

Edited by Dr. Balls

Spawn Toy lot $65 + actual shipping REMOVED

I admittedly don't know a lot about toys, these are all sealed and in varying degrees of condition and have tried to represent them as best I could in the photos. Pricing them cheap, and I will quote you the least-expensive shipping (either UPS or USPS Parcel Post).

IMG_2822.jpg

IMG_2823.jpg

IMG_2824.jpg

IMG_2825.jpg

IMG_2826.jpg

IMG_2827.jpg

IMG_2828.jpg

IMG_2829.jpg

IMG_2830.jpg

Edited by Dr. Balls

On 4/24/2023 at 5:45 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Elvira Hot Smack hot sauce $25 shipped

This was some sort of exclusive thing a few years back, I find no reference of it for sale anywhere, I know I bought it when it came out as I'm an Elvira fan. Bottles are sealed, and there is shrink around the box, except for the bottom, where I opened it to check out the bottles. Cool packaging.

IMG_2812.jpg

IMG_2813.jpg

take

Seduction of the Innocent First Edition, Second Printing $285 Shipped SOLD

Nice presenting copy. The spine has some fading (as a lot of copies do) but other than that, nice all around. Book and boards are tight, no stains, no tears. 

IMG_2831.jpg

IMG_2833.jpg

IMG_2834.jpg

IMG_2835.jpg

IMG_2836.jpg

IMG_2837.jpg

IMG_2838.jpg

Edited by Dr. Balls

Children of Dune, First Edition, 5th Impression $95 Shipped

Some rubbing on the front cover, but otherwise a nice, tight book. Non-BCE Dune books are getting a lot harder to come by - I decided that it's time to let these go and focus elsewhere.

IMG_2839.jpg

IMG_2840.jpg

IMG_2841.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

IMG_2843.jpg

IMG_2844.jpg

IMG_2845.jpg

Dune, First Edition, 6th Impression $395 Shipped

Former library copy, but this one isn't hammered like most ex-libs - it has stamps, some glue reside on one flyleaf at the front, and the binding is a little loose on one top corner (pictured). Some minor imprefections and a small tear on FC, but otherwise a VG book. Non-BCE Dune books are getting a lot harder to come by - I decided that it's time to let these go and focus elsewhere.

IMG_2846.jpg

IMG_2847.jpg

IMG_2848.jpg

IMG_2849.jpg

IMG_2850.jpg

IMG_2851.jpg

IMG_2852.jpg

IMG_2853.jpg

IMG_2854.jpg

IMG_2855.jpg

IMG_2856.jpg

Newsstand Lot of 14 1990's "hot books" $39 shipped SOLD TO BEIGE

Grades:

Hulk 2099 #1 newsstand in 9.4 NM
Just a slight ncb corner bend on bc

Scarlet Witch #1 newsstand in 9.4+ NM

Bishop #1 newsstand in 9.4 NM
Slight scuffing on foil.

Spider-Woman #1 newsstand in 9.4 NM
Just a couple of spine-ticks

Doom 2099 #1 Newsstand in VF/NM
Spine stress marks as seen in the photo.

Daredevil 319 Newsstand in NM
Nice and white!

Fantastic Four #381 Newsstand in NM

Venom The Enemy Within #1 Glow-in-the-dark Newsstand in NM-

Venom The Enemy Within #1 Glow-in-the-dark Newsstand in VF-

Secret Defenders #1 Newsstand in NM

Silver Sable #1 Newsstand in VF/NM

Ravage 2099 #1 in VF/NM

X-Men #1 Newsstand in NM-

Clive Barker's Hyperkind #1 Newsstand in NM

Newsstand Lot of 14.jpg

Edited by Dr. Balls

Arsenic Lullaby Original Sketch Cover $20 SHIPPED

I don't know a lot about this book, but there's an original Voodoo Joe sketch on it!

IMG_9476.jpg

IMG_9477.jpg

Gunsmoke Western 66 VG- $30 SHIPPED

Tear along FC, top split as shown in pics. Nice deep color, looks great in Mylar!

IMG_1263.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

IMG_1265.jpg

IMG_1266.jpg

WILDC.A.T.S Run 0-15, Vol 2 1-3, Trilogy, Sourcebook, Special #1 24 BOOKS TOTAL $39 SHIPPED

Nice run, all pretty much NM 9.4 or better.

IMG_2407.jpg

Ghost Rider 2099 High Grade NM+ Run 1-13 both holofoil and non-foil variant #1 $110 SHIPPED

Ghost Rider 2099    1        VF/NM
Ghost Rider 2099    1        NM-  Non-foil
Ghost Rider 2099    2        NM-
Ghost Rider 2099    3        NM+
Ghost Rider 2099    4        VF/NM
Ghost Rider 2099    5        NM+
Ghost Rider 2099    6        NM+
Ghost Rider 2099    7        NM-
Ghost Rider 2099    8        NM+
Ghost Rider 2099    9        NM+
Ghost Rider 2099    10        NM+
Ghost Rider 2099    11        NM+
Ghost Rider 2099    12        NM+
Ghost Rider 2099    13        NM+

IMG_2414.jpg

IMG_2415.jpg

Vargo Statten Croyden/Scion 9 paperback lot $185 SHIPPED

Incredibly hard-to-find sci-fi set in bright, vivid color. These are really nice in-hand.

Black Wing of Mars VG- foxing, toning, paper loss on spine, label residue on F/C
The Cosmic Flame VG/FN small piece out of B/C, a little dirty. Light edgewear.
The Eclipse Express FN Spinewear and some creases to wrappers and spine. Moderate toning to text block. Chipping and short tear  to heel.
The G-Bomb VG/FN Edgewear and color-breaking crease to B/C. Moderate toning to text block.
The Inner Cosmos VG/FN Edgewear and some creases to wrappers and spine. Moderate toning to text block. Front panel a little wavy.
The Man From Tomorrow FN- Edgewear and color-breaking crease on F/C. Dirty back cover. Moderate toning to text block.
The New Satellite FN Slight dirty back cover, some creases to wrappers and spine. Moderate toning to text block. Tiny paper loss on bottom of spine.
Science Metropolis VG Edgewear, spinewear and some light foxing to back cover. Moderate toning to text block.
Sun Makers VG Color-breaking vertical creases F/C, small spine split at bottom, discoloration on B/C

IMG_2764.jpg

IMG_2765.jpg

IMG_2766.jpg