• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Having comics signed at convention. Do you bring CGC slabbed comics?
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Hi I was wondering do you just bring your slabbed comics to a convention to get them signed?

Whats the protocol for having someone sign your comics?

Any tips on slabbed or unslabbed?

I was going to the Ontario Calif. comic revolution convention. I believe a CGC certified partner/ presser is going to be there, but not officially CGC.

If you want a yellow label then you need a CGC witness. This is a special person in the CGC program, not just anyone can witness it. If you have that person there with you, great. They'll sign off on it to maintain chain of custody, and go from there. If you don't care about that and just want a yellow green label (the equivalent of 'writing on this book') then you don't need a witness. Most want the former. 

You need to find yourself a witness! 

Thank you Cat.  So would i have to crack my comic myself?  I'm actually never cracked a slab before.  And it's a personally special copy

I'm also worried what if the grade goes down eek?

On 4/27/2023 at 6:05 PM, xriddx said:

Thank you Cat.  So would i have to crack my comic myself?  I'm actually never cracked a slab before.  And it's a personally special copy

If it is already signed do not crack yourself.... It'll lose its yellow label and no longer be cgc authentic 

Facilitators usually charge a small fee for cracking cgc, it's minimal usually like $5, but then it wont lose its yellow label, even if blue the facilitators are "used to doing it" and may have a better time of it 😃

On 4/28/2023 at 9:05 AM, xriddx said:

On 4/28/2023 at 9:19 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

If it is already signed do not crack yourself.... It'll lose its yellow label and no longer be cgc authentic 

Exactly what Addy said, mate. Don't crack it yourself or you'll lose chain of custody, and the book will go back to a green, and you don't want that. Follow @ADAMANTIUM's advice and you won't go wrong. :wishluck:

On 5/7/2023 at 2:42 PM, xriddx said:

I can't believe how helpful these forums have been.  This is kind of a nerve-wracking process because the comics have personal/ financial to them.

I will bring them slabbed and graded. (they aren't signed yet)  then get them cracked by the CGC partner/fascillitator, then signed. If i'm following correctly. 

thanks for your help

Good Deal (thumbsu

On 5/7/2023 at 3:42 PM, xriddx said:

I can't believe how helpful these forums have been.  This is kind of a nerve-wracking process because the comics have personal/ financial to them.

I will bring them slabbed and graded. (they aren't signed yet)  then get them cracked by the CGC partner/fascillitator, then signed. If i'm following correctly. 

thanks for your help

Also to add to the advice might want to contact the facilitator and ask them about the services etc and just do a little follow up with them about all your questions here to make sure…