• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Still only 35c Marvel Comics
6 6

188 posts in this topic

On 4/25/2023 at 8:59 PM, MAR1979 said:
On 4/25/2023 at 8:57 PM, NoMan said:

Was “Still Only” only on 35 cent comics or on all price ranges just prior to price increase? 

there was one for .25

That was a good question! Which title if off hand you remembered?

On 4/25/2023 at 9:20 PM, MAR1979 said:

Marvel Spotlight 28 and Werewolf By Night 39.

.25 Comics were way before my time.

Ah I own #28 so that makes sense, and it also clarifies that it wasn't one whole series or even more than one book in a series, but only basically one from a couple of titles. Thanks. Now if I can recall that in the future lol i can impress myself haha. Ill have to look at my #29 of MS to correlate, but that is a good starting point for research, so thanks again!

On 4/25/2023 at 9:26 PM, MAR1979 said:

^ There are more, WBN 38 for example. But the first 2 books I mentioned were the first ones that I thought of

Ah cool. I figured. I'm sure it's been asked and or questioned before, so those 2 are a starting point and at least make sense over all. .25 was before your time, still 35 was before mine as well, but remember enough from the few times visiting lcs as a kid. :)

The back issues were a treasure trove compared to today, of not just books that eventually made it? But in my case of the actual assortment of what you'd see in stock and with multiple examples. In today's shrinery or display box it's usually the "hot old book" behind the counter, with only hints of the past. :sorry:

Lol it's not all that dramatic but when there are stakes and stacks of moderns it can feel that way. :roflmao:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Great topic! These books were right in my collecting heydey buy off the rack at the ages of 13- 14 :cloud9:. I'll need to dig out some covers.

• Administrator
On 4/25/2023 at 8:32 PM, CGC Mike said:
On 4/25/2023 at 7:40 PM, MAR1979 said:

Mike, please explain how we can have CGC correct the credits? First cover of an artist of Sienkiewicz's caliber deserves to be recognized.

@CGC Mike

I recommend that someone start a thread that is dedicated exclusively for this issue.

Someone started a thread here: