• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Fantastic Four #49
2 2

8 posts in this topic

Hi group, I know I only have front and back cover, but the specific question I have is about how the rippling on the right affects grade on a book this nice.   So assume off-white/white interiors and no other defects aside from what's visible on the covers.  Thanks so much!  (NOTE: I have added interiors from another book in the same collection so assume similar interiors. Thanks!

front.jpeg

back.jpeg

1.jpg

center.jpg

last.jpg

Edited by Corvonie
Added comparable interior photos

Depends on how extensive the water damage is and what can be pressed out.

I'd call it 5.0/5.5 right now.

Thanks for posting.

So that's where I'm stuck.  Here are the interiors to another FF book in the collection (I haven't gotten interiors for #49 but let's assume similar).  I can't see any interior damage, and so I'm trying to figure out if it's improvable with pressing and how it would affect overall grade.  If you can look at these photos and let me know your thought, I would greatly appreciate it!

1.jpg

center.jpg

last.jpg

So that's where I'm stuck.  Here are the interiors to another FF book in the collection (I haven't gotten interiors for #49 but let's assume similar).  I can't see any interior damage, and so I'm trying to figure out if it's improvable with pressing and how it would affect overall grade.  If you can look at these photos and let me know your thought, I would greatly appreciate it!

On 4/25/2023 at 5:15 PM, cchunn3 said:

Caint. Gotta see what's inside to se how bad the fluid damage is.

1.jpg

center.jpg

last.jpg

This is a pickle. The wavyness goes all the way through the book, but I don't see any liquid artifacts on the pages and the staples aren't rusted to bits and it appears the waves are limited to the edges.. I don't know if it could be made flat or how invasive the job would have to be to get all pages flat.

Maybe get some recommendations for pressers who have gotten stellar results with similarly damaged silver books.

On 4/27/2023 at 12:23 PM, cchunn3 said:

This is a pickle. The wavyness goes all the way through the book, but I don't see any liquid artifacts on the pages and the staples aren't rusted to bits and it appears the waves are limited to the edges.. I don't know if it could be made flat or how invasive the job would have to be to get all pages flat.

Maybe get some recommendations for pressers who have gotten stellar results with similarly damaged silver books.

Already on it! I'll report back when I hear