• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: Fantastic Four #88
2 2

9 posts in this topic

Hey all.  Picked this up at auction couple weeks ago.  Looks to be in really good condition to me.  Sending it in soon, but wondering what y'all thought grade-wise, and if its worth/would benefit from a press?  Thanks in advance!

ff4-01.jpg

ff4-02.jpg

ff4-03.jpg

ff4-04.jpg

ff4-05.jpg

ff4-06.jpg

ff4-07.jpg

ff4-08.jpg

ff4-09.jpg

ff4-10.jpg

ff4-11.jpg

Thanks for the replies.  What exactly are you seeing that could put it in the 7 range?  I'm looking at 7.5-8.0s of this book with worse foxing, frayed corners, color breaking ticks, spine rolls and even stains that look to be in worse condition than my copy.

ff1.png

ff2.png

ff3.png

ff4.png

Edited by PEiny

On 4/26/2023 at 3:48 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

You have to allow for the fact that the grades offered here are not precisely going to align with CGC grades. Likely the CGC grade will be higher than those offered here. I see this book as an 8.0 but I can see it grading higher.

Thanks.  Understood. I mostly use other graded comics for comparison.  I'm fairly new to the grading and guidelines, wanted to know exactly what I should be looking for. 

On 4/26/2023 at 8:58 PM, PEiny said:

I'm fairly new to the grading and guidelines, wanted to know exactly what I should be looking for. 

Slightly tongue in cheek, I'm going to say you should be looking for a range of conservative grades like the ones you'll get here, then you can be pleasantly surprised (for the most part) when the books come home graded! :peace: