• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got upgraded to walk through tier but limited insurance on shipping .......Update got the book safely!
3 3

37 posts in this topic

On 4/26/2023 at 10:06 PM, revat said:

Well it’s generally not allowed for in person pick up.  So you might ask for higher and higher managers until someone can approve it. 

it’s a pretty specific circumstance so someone should be able to approve it, if escalated enough

Oh ok makes sense .Thanks.

On 4/27/2023 at 8:33 AM, Tnexus said:

Doesn't CIS allow you to pay for insurance on packages shipped to you?

Yes, they do. I guess the only hurdle would be getting a policy in place fast enough. I'd start with their website, or call directly. 

On 4/27/2023 at 9:10 AM, Lightning55 said:

Yes, they do. I guess the only hurdle would be getting a policy in place fast enough. I'd start with their website, or call directly. 

When I needed a policy asap I called them up and had it that day. So they'll definitely do it quick if you need it.

Edited by Tnexus

On 4/25/2023 at 5:02 PM, Corallas said:

My situation . 

Following this post which I just updated where I am being reimbursed for stolen books that 

Fedex did not deliver properly .

I have another submission after the stolen submission a (avengers 3 ) with an insured  value of $1000.

This book was upgraded to walkthrough tier , it got a grade of 9.4 which was 

well beyond my expectations as I cracked a slab that was a 6.5 to get it regraded .

This slab here :

I am being charged for upgraded grading tier but unfortunately CGC says the insured value cannot be

changed from 

The last two sales of the book are 6700 and 7000 I believe .

I recently had a order stolen as described in the first thread posted .

CGC says they cannot increase the insurance on the book despite paying for the higher grading tier .

Any ideas ? 

I do not want to have the book shipped with insurance of only $1000 based on my past shipping problem .

Not hating at all but how does a comic go from. 6.5 to 9.4? Guess the first grader was having a terrible day. Or new grader got a promotion.

On 4/27/2023 at 3:26 PM, hyhhyss12 said:

Not hating at all but how does a comic go from. 6.5 to 9.4? Guess the first grader was having a terrible day. Or new grader got a promotion.

The comic looked very good to my eye in the case and was the reason I purchased it .

Well looking at it in pictures in the case .

Being new to the whole grading process I thought it was a much higher grade but was unsure 

due to lack of experience . I could not understand why it was a 6.5 when I was looking it .

Maybe original grader made a mistake or the crease was more severe than I could see through the case .

I wonder sometimes if maybe the grader's who do the higher price books are more experienced and better ?

On 4/27/2023 at 3:33 PM, Corallas said:

The comic looked very good to my eye in the case and was the reason I purchased it .

Being new to the whole grading process I thought it was a much higher grade but was unsure 

due to lack of experience . I could not understand why it was a 6.5 when I was looking it .

Maybe original grader made a mistake or the crease was more severe than I could see through the case .

I wonder sometimes if maybe the grader's who do the higher price books are more experienced and better ?

Maybe I missed it, but when was it originally graded? If you have the old cert number to look up, I've wondered about some of mine too. Was it even a newest gen case?

On 4/27/2023 at 3:39 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Maybe I missed it, but when was it originally graded? If you have the old cert number to look up, I've wondered about some of mine too. Was it even a newest gen case?

Ah I was expecting when the graders first got hired,  which I think was 2019 or 20, but maybe someone else could pin that down. Everyone tried to give them the benefit of the doubt but I have several that would fit this Date, I think 22 makes sense for new graders?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/27/2023 at 4:39 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Was graded originally in February of 2022.

On 4/27/2023 at 3:33 PM, Corallas said:
On 4/27/2023 at 2:26 PM, hyhhyss12 said:

This may have been answered previously in this thread......but, did you have the book pressed before you resubmitted it and got the 9.4 grade?

Or did you just think it looked better than a 6.5 and do a straight resubmit without having it pressed?

On 5/2/2023 at 2:31 AM, Domo Arigato said:

This may have been answered previously in this thread......but, did you have the book pressed before you resubmitted it and got the 9.4 grade?

Or did you just think it looked better than a 6.5 and do a straight resubmit without having it pressed?

Had the book cleaned and pressed before submission . .

FEDEX has highest percentage of lost or stolen parcels of any major shipper. CGC's parent corp owns approx 6.5% of FEDEX so bully for them.

IMHO get a PO Box to by-pass FEDEX's hijinks 

Edited by MAR1979

On 5/2/2023 at 2:31 AM, Domo Arigato said:

meh