• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Batman 404 copy 2
1 1

6 posts in this topic

This one looks better. I'm noticing the same mark at the top, that seems to be from bundling? Maybe CGC will forgive that defect? If so, you're left with the soiling/dirt on the back of the issue and a very small spine tick or two. If you can dry clean the book well (chemicals of any sort, even just plain water, will get you into trouble) and manage to get it all off, I could see this one getting a 9.6 (assuming CGC forgives the mark from bundling). I wouldn't say 9.8 is IMPOSSIBLE on this one, but I would be very surprised. All that being said, I'm not sure it's worth all the effort. A CGC 9.6 sells for under 100. I think you would be better off selling these as high grade NM raw copies. After all the work and paying CGC, even if you manage to hit the 9.6, you'd barely make any more than just selling these as high grade raw copies.  

On 4/27/2023 at 9:50 AM, SolidShredder said:

This one looks better. I'm noticing the same mark at the top, that seems to be from bundling? Maybe CGC will forgive that defect? If so, you're left with the soiling/dirt on the back of the issue and a very small spine tick or two. If you can dry clean the book well (chemicals of any sort, even just plain water, will get you into trouble) and manage to get it all off, I could see this one getting a 9.6 (assuming CGC forgives the mark from bundling). I wouldn't say 9.8 is IMPOSSIBLE on this one, but I would be very surprised. All that being said, I'm not sure it's worth all the effort. A CGC 9.6 sells for under 100. I think you would be better off selling these as high grade NM raw copies. After all the work and paying CGC, even if you manage to hit the 9.6, you'd barely make any more than just selling these as high grade raw copies.  

Pretty much my opinions as well. I wanted to see what others who have played the game thought. Thanks all.